CC5 and Windows XP 64Bit
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: CC5 and Windows XP 64Bit Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:55 pm
    —
Hey Guys,

Today i installed a copy of winxp64bit in order to test how certain programma's run under it. first conclusion i can draw for close combat 5. it does work. but the gameprojection (menu's and soldier movement) is very slow and tends to stall each 20 secs or so very annoying....any one with a clue how this could be possibe?

Cheers Buck

#2:  Author: oboelcke PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:08 pm
    —
Try changing compatibility modes it may help

#3:  Author: dillydallyLocation: Arizona USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:08 am
    —
Try disabling direct draw... click start, run then type dxdiag, go to display setting and disable DirectDraw Acceleration..

#4: cc5 freezing/stalling Author: CALZY32 PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:23 pm
    —
Heh buck any luck, I had the same problem awhile back but fixed it, can't remember how, but recently uninstalled and reinstalled cc5 and now have the same problem. I actually couldn't play at all until I changed the compatibility mode. Now i can play but same thing stalls/freezes, if you have any luck let me know, thanks.

#5: CC5 Problem in XP Author: Greek PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:29 pm
    —
I just reinstalled CC4 and CC5 on my XP machine. It is dual core, but is running 32 bit.

CC4 works perfectly in Win98 compatability mode, but I can't get CC5 to run no matter what I try. Something is wrong with the registry. That message came up after the first install, so it isn't a case of removing and then trying to reinstall.

Man, I forgot how much I enjoyed these games.

Any thioughts?

Bill

#6:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:02 am
    —
ela bill

uninstall the game.
start regedit, search all relevent keys concerning close combat...
delete those manually.

Reinstall CC5 and take the standard C:\Prog Files\SSI\close.... folder.
(that is also neccesary to unse the config manager and all mods.)

maybe that will help.

ta leme
Polemarchos

#7:  Author: DANTUS PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:52 pm
    —
I've the same trouble with cc5 so i've tried with ROAD TO BAGDAD demo but it has been remained so it's XP or VIDEO CARD?
I employ hp +445.it pavillon with XP home
Mad Mad Mad

#8:  Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:26 pm
    —
Polemarchos wrote:
..... Reinstall CC5 and take the standard C:\Prog Files\SSI\close.... folder.
(that is also neccesary to unse the config manager and all mods.) ....

That isn't totally true. You can install the CC games to any folder or drive. After applying the patch, you then need to edit the Registry to show the actual installation location.

There is a complete guide on how to do this in the How To section.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1