Operation Market Garden Mod Started!!!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Op Market Garden

#1: Operation Market Garden Mod Started!!! Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:25 pm
    —
Hey guys,

The word is out. A few weeks ago Dima and Me Decided to make a mod about this well known subject. as we all know 2 teams failed to do this job. But we intend to finish the job.

Team:
Buck_Compton: Coordination and maps
Dima: Data, sound and music
Kartboy: Graphics

Dodam: (He is not a member of the team) He made a some good textures (parachutes and bridges) wich i intend (if not allready have done) to use.

i'm also hoping to get several great names in our team concerning maps, graphics and interface:
- Manoi
- Jimrm2
- MeanMstrMustard

I also have a friend who advises me on the maps and made the roof graphs for this mod:
Pete

In order to make a good mod we need detailed information concerning the battle area battlegrouops etc. So what do we need from you?

- Aireals and highdetailed maps
- OoB's From the germans as well as xxx corps and the ariborne divisions of the allies

And all other info/notes/advice/help you have is greatly appriciated

Cheers Buck

#2:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:17 pm
    —
Hi market garden Team,

If you need a Politologist/historian for historical data and research count me in...

the only things i want you to tell me is:

What you exactly need?
When you need it?

I am Greek, but live in Munich and speek fluently German...Due to my studies i have access to the Historical Archive of Bavaria and managed to establish contact with one senior executive of the German Army Archive in Potsdam and Berlin.

So any research problems on German sites/books or german spelling just ask me...
Best regards Polemachos I.

#3:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:41 pm
    —
malaka wrote:
Hi market garden Team,

If you need a Politologist/historian for historical data and research count me in...

the only things i want you to tell me is:

What you exactly need?
When you need it?

I am Greek, but live in Munich and speek fluently German...Due to my studies i have access to the Historical Archive of Bavaria and managed to establish contact with one senior executive of the German Army Archive in Potsdam and Berlin.

So any research problems on German sites/books or german spelling just ask me...
Best regards Polemachos I.

Hey Malaka i will tell Dima about you. (possible he allready read it) i guess he needs a lot of info on german outfits involved in the battle.

Good to hear people are willing to help us

Greetz Buck

#4:  Author: RD_RoachLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:58 pm
    —
Great News Buck&Dima!!

The CC5 community has long awaited this operation..esp me for one!

Kudous!

#5:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:39 pm
    —
AA_Brian_ wrote:
Great News Buck&Dima!!

The CC5 community has long awaited this operation..esp me for one!

Kudous!

Hey Brian we are trying to do our best in order to finish this project. It might take years before its finished. especially seen the fact that i'm leaving for bosnia on 28th of oct wich will limit my abillaties to contact my team.

Cheers buck

#6:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:19 am
    —
What units are going to be represented in the mod?

Last edited by platoon_michael on Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

#7:  Author: Arjenl PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:20 am
    —
on this web site you can find all battlegroups that where active in de area... http://www.marketgarden1944.nl/ only problem is that its in dutch... look for "overzicht geaalieerde eenheden tijdens operatie Market Garden... hope its any help...good luck with the mod

#8:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:58 am
    —
Arjenl wrote:
on this web site you can find all battlegroups that where active in de area... http://www.marketgarden1944.nl/ only problem is that its in dutch... look for "overzicht geaalieerde eenheden tijdens operatie Market Garden... hope its any help...good luck with the mod

I'M DUTCH MY FRIEND I VISITED THIS SITE OVER A DOZEN TIME Wink

thnx for the help Wink

#9:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:31 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote:
What units are going to be represented in the mod?

will be posted soon. Wink

#10: Bridges Author: jerjesLocation: Argentina PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:58 pm
    —
Quote:
Hi, my question is if there will be an option to blow the bridges like in CC2. Thanks in advance

no,CC5 doesn't support that.

#11: Re: Bridges Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:12 pm
    —
jerjes wrote:
Hi, my question is if there will be an option to blow the bridges like in CC2. Thanks in advance

Yes there will, i'm going to use an element made by tesjzd for his own meuse mod v3.3 . I havn't tested it but as he explained to me (if i undestood him correct) when the element is fired upon it should explode and turn in to rubble disabeling soldiers and tanks to cross that element.

cheers buck

#12:  Author: jerjesLocation: Argentina PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:23 pm
    —
Well, that will be great Smile . Thank for answer

#13:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:02 pm
    —
jerjes wrote:
Well, that will be great Smile . Thank for answer

Your welcome

#14:  Author: Whistler PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:47 pm
    —
I have a book that lists every german bat/corps/army ever in WWII, including the commanders. So give me the OoB and I should be able to find most, if not all, of their commanders. No pics though in that one I'm afraid.

I can do other research and write, say, the map briefings and such once they are known.

Also, I'm Dutch Very Happy

#15:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:05 pm
    —
Whistler wrote:
I have a book that lists every german bat/corps/army ever in WWII, including the commanders. So give me the OoB and I should be able to find most, if not all, of their commanders. No pics though in that one I'm afraid.

I can do other research and write, say, the map briefings and such once they are known.

Also, I'm Dutch Very Happy

Voor de Oob moet je bij dima zijn of in de post van malaka hij helpt ons er ook al mee. wat betreft het laatste lijkt me een heel goed plan dat jij dat gaat doen.

Laters Buck

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should contact Dima for matters about the Oob, or check out the thread from malaka also availabe in this forum. About the last thing, i think its a very good plan that you take that on in to your hands

Cheers Buck

#16: LDZZ and DZX Oosterbeek map Author: ldom77 PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:32 pm
    —
hello Buck , i made one OMG map already on this area if you want
Dom

#17: Re: LDZZ and DZX Oosterbeek map Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:58 pm
    —
ldom77 wrote:
hello Buck , i made one OMG map already on this area if you want
Dom

Hey dom,

Didn't hear from you for a while. i presume it is the map from cc2 you remade? i found it very cool. but i allready have a whole list of maps. youre always welcome to help doing other maps. Hope you will react to the questions i had and still have

Thanks for the offer

Cheers buck

#18:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:11 pm
    —
Quote:
Yes there will, i'm going to use an element made by tesjzd for his own meuse mod v3.3

While I belive that Tesjzd is no doubt the "MAN"

I think that option was already in the Meuse mod when it came out,I think,I seem to remember,I "ASS"ume,dang what was the question again?

OK Tesjzd which is it? you or Mooch/Luer?

#19:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:13 am
    —
Unfortunately I can't take credit for the exploding bridges, it was in the original Meuse mod when I started editing v2.0 back in late 2002....

#20:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:29 am
    —
Tejszd wrote:
Unfortunately I can't take credit for the exploding bridges, it was in the original Meuse mod when I started editing v2.0 back in late 2002....

Well 1 thing we all know for sure....elements is your specialty

cheers buck

#21:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:33 pm
    —
I know how destroy bridges, it can be not perfect but it can run on a campaign, operation or battle. I´m doing a CC5 ABTF upgrade with demolition teams on german side, you only need edit bridge rubble element to do it impassable by teams and next you must to do one version of the bridge map with the new bridge done by the allied engineers, next on one campaign turno you can change this map by the other and you will have the same effect, probably you do not understand me because my english is a shit but Buck you know where you must look for on msn messenger if you want help.

#22:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:52 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
I know how destroy bridges, it can be not perfect but it can run on a campaign, operation or battle. I´m doing a CC5 ABTF upgrade with demolition teams on german side, you only need edit bridge rubble element to do it impassable by teams and next you must to do one version of the bridge map with the new bridge done by the allied engineers, next on one campaign turno you can change this map by the other and you will have the same effect, probably you do not understand me because my english is a shit but Buck you know where you must look for on msn messenger if you want help.

We will take it into concideration. yes i know where to find you.

thanks for the tip Wink

Cheers Buck

#23:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:29 am
    —
I got to admit I have very high hopes for this mod,I think OMG makes for a killer theam.

I even sat down to watch the movie for A Bridge to Far and thought the intro from the movie might make for a good video file to use for the mod and that the team music might be nice for the main screen.

Might not be what you guys have/had in mind but if you were I could try and plop the DVD in my computer to see if I can extract those files for you.
Or maybe some of the weapon sound if thats possible.

Sure it's an old movie but it is probably one of the best WWII movies I've seen come from Hollywood.

Are there any other movies that cover OMG on DVD?

#24:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:31 am
    —
The above post was from me,I didnt know you could post as a geust.

#25:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:47 am
    —
hi guys, just wondering seeing as im a musician in my daily life-and Im dutch- and its only 45 minutes oby car for me...

Do you guys have good naure sounds on file? Id be willing to travel to nijmegen and get some recordings done (away from the highways of course)

well let me know- this looks like a good mod- Just hope the Strat map isnt the same nightmare as the last cc5 ABTF mod!

#26:  Author: arno PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:05 pm
    —
I'm born and raised in Oosterbeek.
The village is saturated with the history of the battle that took place here.
Because of this I tookquite an interset in operation market Garden.
Maybe I could be of help with Dutch names and street/area-names.
If anything else, please ask and I could take a look.

#27:  Author: arno PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:05 pm
    —
I'm born and raised in Oosterbeek.
The village is saturated with the history of the battle that took place here.
Because of this I have quite an interest in operation market Garden.
On top of this I'm a big CC fan, and I still think the strategymap setup of CC2 is the best. It is also the hardest campaign for the allied side uptill now.
Maybe I could be of help with Dutch names and street/area-names.
If anything else, please ask and I could take a look.

#28:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:21 pm
    —
@ Whistler,
Quote:
Also, I'm Dutch
:dutch

Long time no see Smile :belgian

@ Buck

Will send you a picture of streetbook of area you needed help on.
When I find the time, I will go to the museum at "leopoldsburg" and see what i can dig up there.
A shot of a "stafkaart" ,I can provide you this as well.

#29:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:18 pm
    —
bambam887 wrote:
@ Whistler,
Quote:
Also, I'm Dutch
:dutch

Long time no see Smile :belgian

@ Buck

Will send you a picture of streetbook of area you needed help on.
When I find the time, I will go to the museum at "leopoldsburg" and see what i can dig up there.
A shot of a "stafkaart" ,I can provide you this as well.

Hey Bambam

Good to hear from you again, hope to see anything good wich could help me. do you have in belgium something like a kadaster? in the netherlands they supply ww2 aerials

cheers buck

#30:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:05 pm
    —
Buck,

Quote:
do you have in belgium something like a kadaster? in the netherlands they supply ww2 aerials

Yes, will inform if they have such pics. Wink

#31:  Author: Luft_Karabiner PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:34 pm
    —
Anonymous wrote:
I got to admit I have very high hopes for this mod,I think OMG makes for a killer theam.

I even sat down to watch the movie for A Bridge to Far and thought the intro from the movie might make for a good video file to use for the mod and that the team music might be nice for the main screen.

Might not be what you guys have/had in mind but if you were I could try and plop the DVD in my computer to see if I can extract those files for you.

Sure it's an old movie but it is probably one of the best WWII movies I've seen come from Hollywood.

I have the A Bridge Too Far title march on my pc.

#32:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:37 pm
    —
Luft_Karabiner wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

I have the A Bridge Too Far title march on my pc.

Hey man thanks for the offer, but i allready have the a bridge too far soundtrack at my own place Wink but thanks anyway

cheers buck

#33: Anxiously Waiting Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:51 pm
    —
I'm very much looking forward to the OMG. I have played the V4V verson of OMG as well as CC2 of course.

I agree that a Bridge Too Far is one of the Best WWII movies of all time and is packed with Star actors.

#34:  Author: uruk-haiLocation: Gliwice, PL PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:38 pm
    —
Could You tell me abaut M-G mod progress in this days?

#35:  Author: dacman82Location: Perth, Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:08 am
    —
GDAY GUYS. WAS JUST LOOKING THRU THE MAPS YOU MADE AND I THINK THEY LOOK FANTASTIC! I REGULARLY CHECK THIS FORUM FOR INFORMATION AS THIS IS THE MOST ANTICIPATED MOD FOR ME. I WOULD GO SO FAR AS TO SAY MOST ANTICIPATED GAME FOR YEARS. I KNOW YOU GUYS HAVE GIVEN PRIORITY TO SCHELDT SO I'LL JUST HAVE TO KEEP WAITING BUT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK YOU'RE DOING AN AWESOME JOB.

#36:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:13 am
    —
dacman82 wrote:
GDAY GUYS. WAS JUST LOOKING THRU THE MAPS YOU MADE AND I THINK THEY LOOK FANTASTIC! I REGULARLY CHECK THIS FORUM FOR INFORMATION AS THIS IS THE MOST ANTICIPATED MOD FOR ME. I WOULD GO SO FAR AS TO SAY MOST ANTICIPATED GAME FOR YEARS. I KNOW YOU GUYS HAVE GIVEN PRIORITY TO SCHELDT SO I'LL JUST HAVE TO KEEP WAITING BUT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK YOU'RE DOING AN AWESOME JOB.

Heya,

Need a bucket?? Razz Very Happy

I'm doin my best to get the mods done in time takes a lot togheter with my GF and job and family Wink

Cheers Buck

#37:  Author: dacman82Location: Perth, Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:29 am
    —
fully understandable mate. i know there are other prioritys just trying to give you guys some support. don't get the bucket joke though

#38: destroyed bridges Author: sturmjaeger PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:14 pm
    —
dear mG team
i wait for the mod and happy u do this now. wish u all the best. got some questions.
in cc2 game there were bridges that explow after a time (2min maybe). is it possible to get this in your mod too, for gc? it will be great.
thnx SJ

#39:  Author: dj PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:28 pm
    —
OMG still a go? Any news?

#40:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:43 am
    —
Buck_Compton is out of town for the moment and won't be back for a few months. When he returns, I know he first be working on finishing Scheldt . I assume he will then open things back up for OMG. But I wouldn't anticipate seeing anything on OMG until 2009 at the earliest. Just my guestimate.

#41:  Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:05 pm
    —
Doh!
Have been waiting for this mod since I signed up (2006)

#42: market garden Author: sturmjaeger PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:14 pm
    —
great i´ll be very happy to play that mod, it will be a hammer i know.
good luck

#43: Re: Bridges Author: maestre_del_temple PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:41 am
    —
jerjes wrote:
Quote:

no,CC5 doesn't support that.

hola sos argentino? joya no pense q iba a encotrar uno,

una pregunta amigo, se puede instalar A Bridge Too Far arriba del CC 5 Invasion Normandy? Si me das tu mail, para q me expliques mejor,
saludos

#44:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:46 pm
    —
Hey guys,

As you know i've recently returned from Afghanistan. As you also know i had a HD crash wich caused me to lose most of my maps etc. I'm planning on really finishing this mod but as you will know I have my obligations to my own major project and ofcourse some other things. I also will have some things to do with army career (trying to become an nco).

@ Maestre_del_temple: I really don't undestand your language so plz translate it to English.

Cheers Buck

#45: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod Started!!! Author: TrogerLocation: L4W's place, Australia PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:56 pm
    —
Any new news?

#46: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod Started!!! Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:59 pm
    —
Hey Troger,

At the moment i'm very busy with my own Scheldt mod project wich has imo a higher prio than OMG has Wink I first wish to bring OMG to a good ending... by then i expect to be very busy with my nco course and private life that i dont really expect to have much time to do the mod... so no there isnt really any progress since my HD with maps crashed a year ago...

Cheers Buck

#47: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod Started!!! Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:52 pm
    —
Just a little picture from the movie ;)

vlcsnap-2011-06-17-07h41m57s46.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.58 MB
 Viewed:  10064 Time(s)

vlcsnap-2011-06-17-07h41m57s46.png

#48: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod Started!!! Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:57 pm
    —
Hey Sapa,

This project has kind of been terminated Wink All stuff was handed over to the LSA team. Nice sharp shot btw Smile

You guys might not have known this but the scene wich shows the 25pdr doing the opening barrage to crush the germans at Neerpelt was actually taken at the ASK (Artillerie Schiet Kamp = Artillery Firing Camp) The guns where manned by soldiers of the 11th Horse Artillery Bn of wich iI'm a member...

Cheers

#49: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod Started!!! Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:07 pm
    —
Hehe  :D  thanks Buck! downloaded A Bridge To Far as 1080 Bluray and got a new experience :wink:  This was one of the first movies avaliable as rent videos in Sweden back in the end of the 70ths..ohhh my good i am soo old!  :P

#50: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod Started!!! Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:19 pm
    —
Well I like this movie a lot Smile Especially the scene's in and around nijmegen are awesome...

Cheers

#51: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod Started!!! Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:19 pm
    —
Sapa wrote (View Post):

This was one of the first movies avaliable as rent videos in Sweden back in the end of the 70ths..ohhh my good i am soo old!  Razz

I remember that time too Sapa, I was merely a wee cub, about 7-8 years old. Me and my big brother used rent war-movies: -A Bridge Too Far and those odd co-productions of Italy, Germany and Yugoslavia that always were about the brave Partisans in Yugoslavia...  Smile

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Op Market Garden

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1