Der Kessel urgently needs help!!!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

#1: Der Kessel urgently needs help!!! Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:21 am
    —
Hi everybody;

Last Saturday, i was quite happy when I played my first battle on the mod, but this rapidly turned to a disaster when i tried to play on a multiple maps scale.

Unfortunately, 4 maps are working quite fine, but when I am trying to play on all the others, the game crashes to the desktop after the status screen (the one who says: Meeting engagement or German attack etc...).

As far as i know, this could be due to incorrect btd's. I checked them, and everything seems to be OK.... Or is there something that you have to avoid when editing the btd's...

I don't think that the problem comes from the adb files: two units (1 german, 1 russian) who perfectly work on one map crash when trying to play with them on the "crashing maps"....

I really need some help from experienced moders. I am convinced that this comes from the map files or the stratmap.

Please help.
Many thanks in advance

Panzerjäger

#2: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:03 am
    —
may i suggest putting the crashing maps in reg cc5
and test with reg units which u know dont crash maps.
and see if it crashes and that should give u an area to start looking at.

#3:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:48 am
    —
Hi;

It is a good idea.
I will have a look and let you know.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

#4:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:40 pm
    —
Hi!

Is your own maps made with standard CC5 element file?

Cheers Mats

#5:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:37 am
    —
Hi;

I have coded my maps in CC3 format. The Element file I used is the WinterWar Elements file.

Do you think it could be a problem? In this case, why do some maps work?

Panzerjäger

#6:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:38 am
    —
Hi!

I think you have got one of your problems there...when you try to play the standard CC5 maps they will crash with another element file.I suggest you make your maps with CC5 elements (i think they are in 3C too)

When i started with the Berlin mod and didnt know how many new maps i would get so i took custom CC3 maps and transfered them to CC5txt.

If you are planning to do 44 new maps i would suggest you to make them for CC5 in 3C and use the standard CC5 element file..

I think that the element file in Winterwar is the same used in the first version of Meuse Crossing mod, but i dont know.Another sad thing is that there are NO winterelements in the CC5 element file...

Cheers Mats :sweede

#7: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:57 am
    —
actually i was going to make a winter element file for cc5.
i even tried to convince pzjager this would also be the way to go.
but my personal preference is the summer style maps,so i didnt do it.
so how about it one of u winter bludgers????
pretty straight forward to do

#8:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:00 am
    —
Great idea! There should be more winter mods for CC 5!!

Cheers Mats Smile

#9:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:46 am
    —
First of all, many thanks for your help.

However, I can tell you that I am now 99% sure that the problem does not come from the maps or the element file. All my maps work properly where the "right" units are on them (the right units are the units which do not crash the game).

I really think that the problem cames from the adb files, or perhaps, in addition, with the btd's.

In this case, I fear that it will be almost impossible to find where is the problem, and I will then be very very close to the give-up.

Next stage: i will try to play on Der Kessel with all the units of my mod Aisne Contre-attaque which never crashes and see what happens.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

#10:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:23 am
    —
Sorry I'm not too experienced with full modding, so I cant really help with your problem Crying or Very sad I just wanted to say I love the maps you've made from what I've seen in CC Camera. I hope you get the problems solved so we can see these great maps in action. Dont give up!

Grunt

#11: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:15 pm
    —
email the base folder files of the mod to me.

#12:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:49 pm
    —
Hi all;

I have passed this week to check again all my data files, discovered some errors (not susceptible, to my knowledge, to crash the game at this point), re-did my strat map and .exe file (yes: a nightmare!!!), and changed the AI difficulty to something less hard.

The result is, I am happy to say, that the game now seems to work much better. I have been able to build a small campaign on 12 maps, including romanian BG's, without too many crashes (1 happened, however. I have to find out what could have happened).

So, I have to say that I am today much much more optimistic for the future.

I still have some trials to do this week-end and will keep you informed.

Cheers and thanks for your support
Panzerjäger

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1