# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#81: little graphical bugs Author: Aetius PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:23 pm
    —
Hi,

I noticed a little graphical bug in the mod:

The icons of the different support types are too white.

Close Combat treats clear white (R=0, B=0, G=0) as transparant, thats why some of the pixels of the support types are not visible.

I also noticed this problem with some of the commanders pix.

The new graphics are absolutely briliant.

#82:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:05 pm
    —
I cantg seem to move my German battlegroup from STZ west to red barricades west..... Ive checked strat map but it seems these 2 should connect.

#83:  Author: Aetius PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:07 pm
    —
another minor thing:

In the scenario editor screen there is a german battlegroup with on the little icon the name 549/389, but if you click this unit there appears 546/389 on the top of the screen.

Just a little graphical error i wanted to report.

#84:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:17 pm
    —
Quote:
Just a little graphical error i wanted to report.

thnx.

Quote:
I cantg seem to move my German battlegroup from STZ west to red barricades west.....

thnx.

Quote:
In the soldiers.adb file on column 2 (index) the PTRD and PTRS both have index number 66 so there is no index number 67!

funny mistake, thnx.

#85:  Author: Aetius PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:50 pm
    —
If you click in the stratigic screen on the fallen fighters square map, it still shows the first map made by Cpl Filth instead of the new one made by Manoi.

#86:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:56 pm
    —
If you want to move a BG frtom Kuporosnoye to the Grain Elevator, you dont get a arrow shown to indicate the planned move! Nevertheless the movement order gets executed.
Just a little confusing.

And I can confirm that Pak crews are too tough to fight with infantry! Even continous fire from heavy MGs doesn't kill a single crewman. And assaults end up with my teams (even 2 or 3 from different sides!, engineers with flamer, too) being totally beaten up.

So I prefer to kill those guns with tanks or Stugs instead as mortars have almost no effect, too.

#87:  Author: bkp_mik PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:20 pm
    —
as well as i remember killing gun crews with mg was never easy, in gjs i.e. but still i feel guns are a bit too powerful in infantry fighting.

#88:  Author: offog PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:31 pm
    —
A number of minuets into the game, single battles first three, I keep getting this message and it crashes. Have I loaded something wrong?

Quote:
CC error:

Informs DirectDraw that the previous Blt which is transferring information to or from this Surface is incomplete.

Your instructions were very good and easy to follow thank you.

#89:  Author: double_a6 PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:04 pm
    —
Congratulations on a great mod and thanks for the quick upgrade to 1.1
Unfortunately I have noticed that frequently I get a crash to desktop on the tsarita woods map.
I'm playing the first GC as germans on elite vs AI on recruit.
It's happened with 2 different german and russian battlegroups. It happens after a few minutes of play.
Any one else experienced this?

cheers,

#90:  Author: 555_team PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:06 am
    —
2 different name for same unit
Militsionery (Милиционеры)
Militsyonery (Милицыонеры ;)

#91:  Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:09 am
    —
how do you fix that? is it fixed in the 1.1 plugin?

#92:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:23 am
    —
555_team wrote:
Militsyonery (Милицыонеры Wink

haha

#93:  Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:08 pm
    —
Yes I too am getting constant crashes on day 2 of the new grand campaign on the Tsarita Woods map.

Believe I may have found a temporary work around. If you remove all vehicle including mortar halftracks and just use infantry teams instead...it should stop crashing. Though I believe some of the MG teams also might cause crashes.
May have to try a few times, but if definitely worked and will at least get you through Tsarita Woods. Well I actually ended up causing the enemy to disband, even with the units I didn't want. ha ha

Proper credit should go to ANZAC Lord for pointing out to me by removing vehicles from the battlegroup he was able to get past similar crashes he had.

But I am still thrilled to play your mod even with the Tsarita Woods issue.

double_a6 wrote:
Congratulations on a great mod and thanks for the quick upgrade to 1.1
Unfortunately I have noticed that frequently I get a crash to desktop on the tsarita woods map.
I'm playing the first GC as germans on elite vs AI on recruit.
It's happened with 2 different german and russian battlegroups. It happens after a few minutes of play.
Any one else experienced this?

cheers,

#94:  Author: double_a6 PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:23 pm
    —
Thanks dj
I worked around it this way too although I found I had to remove mortar teams as well.

Cheers,

#95:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:20 pm
    —
Don't know if this one's been mentioned. I noticed it some time ago.

The clock in the strat screen always reads 1400 hrs (2pm), rather than the usual designated 0600 (morning round) and 1400 (afternoon round).
Clock is stuck on 1400.

#96:  Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:49 pm
    —
Quite right Wruff,

Can somebody please wind up the clock Smile or has the key been lost Wink

Cheers

#97:  Author: Antifa PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:13 am
    —
GS_Schimpf wrote:
If you want to move a BG frtom Kuporosnoye to the Grain Elevator, you dont get a arrow shown to indicate the planned move! Nevertheless the movement order gets executed.
Just a little confusing.

And I can confirm that Pak crews are too tough to fight with infantry! Even continous fire from heavy MGs doesn't kill a single crewman. And assaults end up with my teams (even 2 or 3 from different sides!, engineers with flamer, too) being totally beaten up.

So I prefer to kill those guns with tanks or Stugs instead as mortars have almost no effect, too.

Well this problem is actually more tricky than it seems. 1.) In the Stalingrad mod only the team leader of the gun crew is armed with a rifle. This makes them less potent in one way than they used to. With guns, the have too much armor on top and too much armor in the back. But "too much" when it's alread at 8 is hard guage, I knocked down armor in the back and the front. The first time it was too low and someone needed only fart in the general vincinity of the gun and it blew up. Now I think I have it right. 4 direct or close to direct hits with a mortar and your gun is done. But the other problem arises -- infantry don't have much trouble taking the guns if the get within 10 meters. Maybe the second thing to be done would be to get them some more rifles -- but that's really up to the mod makers.

What I like is the mods in which all of the crews (tank and gun) are able to move about the map as unit after they've been knocked out. Anyone remember how to do that? Simply not code them as crew or give them a command unit?

Anyway the only other change I made was by making the Arty slightly more powerful.

(for vet play againg the AI as Russians, I gave the AI double shots on all russian rifles (so the can put out double the fire power) and I turned the 50mm in Moltov Launchers -- but that's another story.)

#98:  Author: Antifa PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:22 am
    —
Oh just also one very minor thing (I don't know how hard it would be to change this or not) but I thought I would mention it.

When all Russians forces are destroyed or routed it still reads "Americans"

[img=http://img102.imagevenue.com/loc165/th_31f_UO0483.jpg]

#99:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:30 am
    —
Quote:
Well this problem is actually more tricky than it seems. 1.) In the Stalingrad mod only the team leader of the gun crew is armed with a rifle. This makes them less potent in one way than they used to. With guns, the have too much armor on top and too much armor in the back. But "too much" when it's alread at 8 is hard guage, I knocked down armor in the back and the front. The first time it was too low and someone needed only fart in the general vincinity of the gun and it blew up. Now I think I have it right. 4 direct or close to direct hits with a mortar and your gun is done. But the other problem arises -- infantry don't have much trouble taking the guns if the get within 10 meters. Maybe the second thing to be done would be to get them some more rifles -- but that's really up to the mod makers.

well u really don't understand the problem Wink. Armor doesn't affect it at all.
Anyway it was fixed same day topic appeare, but we don;t want to make 1.2patch to avoid mess we had with 1.1. So u'll have to wait for update.

Quote:
When all Russians forces are destroyed or routed it still reads "Americans"

fixed. will be available in update.

#100:  Author: caribaceyLocation: St Martin, Caribbean PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:06 pm
    —
555_team wrote:
Militsyonery (Милицыонеры Wink

If I remember, the second unit has a DP.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:
Page 5 of 8