Stalingrad - best mod yet?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Stalingrad - best mod yet? Author: LapsedPacifistLocation: UK PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:21 am
    —
Just wanted to congratulate the Stalingrad team on a job very well done. This is quite possibly the best mod yet for CC5. Great balance, great accuracy, great atmosphere, beautiful graphics and the maps are sublime, truly evocative. It really makes you grateful that you weren't actually there!

I've changed the MG 34, heavy MG 34, Maxim and sniper rifle sounds on mine but other than that I couldn't fault it!

Great work, gentlemen, and well worth the wait.

Laughing Wink

#2:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:37 pm
    —
Which program You used to change this sounds ?

#3:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:38 pm
    —
The maxim sound is pretty "low" sounding, alot of bass in it. Hard to tell where exactly its coming from some times.

#4: agreed. Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:28 pm
    —
its the best ive played since GJS last year.

compared to RR0822 at its height, i think i appreciate the mod as much, BUT here is the kicker for me...cc3 with strat map!!!!!(most major fault of cc3 was lack of choice or stragegy), better graphics and massive blasts!!!(air/stalin pipes and morter barrages!)

RR had me addicted for 3 years, stalingrad i think may come close! with some minour improvements, and maybe sub mods to do korsan pocket or may favourite KURSK!!!!!

ever grateful

tack

CC since 97'

#5:  Author: LapsedPacifistLocation: UK PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:21 pm
    —
Agreed, Real Red but with a strat map too!

I modded the sounds just using standard tools that, I think, are available on this site: the SFX Pack tool and the old CC3 Sound Hack tool. I used sounds I've scavenged from various other mods.

#6:  Author: agidol PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:50 pm
    —
Stalingrad maybe the best mod for CC5..yes..for all CC series? Hmm, I may be a minority here but I think that title belongs to CC4 Veteran Bob by TT.

#7: Stalingrad - best mod yet? YES!!!! Author: vkole PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:56 pm
    —
Hi. Think that Stalingrad battle deserved to be one of the best mods (if not the best) for CC5. After all, it is a massive close combat battle, street to street, house to house fighting....Hope that battle for Kharkov and other bloody city battles on eastern front will be covered!

Great mod and it was worth of waiting! Thanx guys
Very Happy

#8:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:04 pm
    —
YES !!! In Satlingrad mod, You first time feel the real meaning of Cloese Combat Twisted Evil

"... be quiet, enemy is from other side of the wal. Be ready for hand to hand combat"
lieutenant Marcin T - Poland

#9:  Author: FUTURELocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:00 am
    —
In one word. YES!

#10:  Author: Kilroy PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:05 am
    —
Just finished playing it h2h with my nephew/nemisis, started GC 1 and played it cold so it was fresh for both of us. Stalinmod is a triumphant acheivement! Can't wait till next game night! Haven't had this much fun since RealRed was new! Yous guys are da Bomb!

#11:  Author: Mendon PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:17 am
    —
Great mod and the best thing happening to ccv. However, when playing singleplayer the AI's attack skills still boils down to park all armor just inside the map and hope for the best. Followed by the charge of the lone squad of mildly surprised riflemen. I hope it is possible to make the AI more aggressive, infact any degree of aggressive will work, like we have seen through some of the vet mods.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1