Can't play campaigns or operations
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Can't play campaigns or operations Author: gravyface PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:00 pm
    —
Battles work but Operations and the Grand Campaign do not. As soon as I hit "next" on the main game choice screen -- which should take me to the campaign map -- it kicks me to the desktop. Any thoughts? Haven't had any problems playing any other mod and have had the same base install for over a year.

The last mod I installed was Beyond the Beach and this was uninstalled successfully.

#2:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:37 pm
    —
Are in your folder Data/ops any files ? in my case thera are 5 files

Marcin T - Poland

#3:  Author: gravyface PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:48 pm
    —
Data/Ops:

North sector
South sector
The grain elevator
Train Station 1
West sector

Data/Campaign:

Push to the Volga

I'm using a different executable (one with a no-cd crack) than the one modified by the mod; I usually do this and haven't had a problem -- does this mod require the Stalingrad executable?

#4:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:54 pm
    —
There IS a nocd for Stalingrad and you can NOT use a different one from any other mode because the mapareas is saved in the exe together with the uniform colours...........

Mats Rolling Eyes

#5:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:58 pm
    —
the files that You have looking good ....

... but Your exe - hmmm if You copied all original videos from cc5 CD videos to folder videos in your folder where cc5 and stalingrad is installed (and replace one with this from stalingrad video) - You didn't needed a cd to play. And better play with stalingrad.exe - which is simply a cc5.exe after stalingra mod instalation (with changed ikon).

Tell how it works

Marcin T - Poland

#6:  Author: gravyface PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:04 pm
    —
Quote:
There IS a nocd for Stalingrad and you can NOT use a different one from any other mode because the mapareas is saved in the exe together with the uniform colours...........

Where's this Stalingrad no-cd?

Quote:
... but Your exe - hmmm if You copied all original videos from cc5 CD videos to folder videos in your folder where cc5 and stalingrad is installed (and replace one with this from stalingrad video) - You didn't needed a cd to play. And better play with stalingrad.exe - which is simply a cc5.exe after stalingra mod instalation (with changed ikon).

Yes, they're still there and I copied the new Stalingrad one. When I run the Stalingrad modified CC5.exe, it asks for the CD -- this is why I used an older one.

I'm going to try with the CD in and see if that was the problem.

#7:  Author: gravyface PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:07 pm
    —
Ok with the CD in, and the Stalingrad-modified CC5.exe, the campaign screen loads up.

#8:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:11 pm
    —
Even if you copy all the video files and dont have a nocd exe, you will still have to run with the CD.

The orginal exe is called CC5 (and have a Us soldier icon)

The Stalingrad exe is called CC5 ( and have a new made Stalingrad icon)

Mats :zzz

#9:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:15 pm
    —
gravyface wrote:

Yes, they're still there and I copied the new Stalingrad one. When I run the Stalingrad modified CC5.exe, it asks for the CD -- this is why I used an older one.

Hmm i played without CD, without any nocd crack --- (only with copied all videos on hard disk) -- and everything is ok --- may someone check it ?

Matcin T - Poland

#10:  Author: gravyface PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:46 pm
    —
Like I said, it only works with the CD in the CD-ROM drive, regardless of copying the Video directory from the CD.
I would like to play it WITHOUT the CD in the CD-ROM drive -- has anyone been able to do this?

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1