Pzt vs Mercs. STALINGRAD WAR. Sign up.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#21:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:09 am
    —
Wruff I am not a fan at all of the "scripted" strategic moves. What purpose do they fullfill?

#22:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:12 am
    —
Mooxe. Remember the other day in GS when you told me that you had created a small op but the deploys came up wrong for you, off of suppy? I told you that to get the deploys on the supply that you have place the BG's one map back and move the BG's into the map in first strat, then you avoid the deploy bugs.
I could reset the file so that the attacks, meeting, etc.. are all preset, but then the deploys would come up FUBAR. The whole op would be FUBAR.

It's simple. Believe me. These first round strat orders ensures that the first round goes off without any complications. These first moves are well considered for the overall op design and must be followed by both sides.

#23:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:43 pm
    —
Wruff...

Myself, Dima and RedScorpion have been going over the file. Its way to imbalanced to the favour of the Russian side. For example, day 15 we get reinforced with 30 KV-1, crappy infantry come with it, but its still to much. Even with stricter tank limits its just to much for Germans to fight off.... We'd feel guily taking Russians honestly. Russians start the OP with an overall Minor victory to...

We are going to test it out on Line/Line.

#24:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:29 pm
    —
The KV1's are a hammer, yes. But that's really THE big bad russian BG. Have you seen all the German ATG's compared to the number of Russian ATG's overall? Russians have VERY few overall. Germans considerable ATG's in every BG. Some big ones too. Outside of the KV1 BG (133rd Tank Brigade) the german armor is better, and german infantry is better accross the board by far.
The T-34 is the only real considerable russian threat (outside of the KV1's in that one BG), and the T34's are not many. Once the T34's are shot (and that shouldn't take long), then they're left only with T70's & T60's and that one hammer BG containing the KV1's (T70's and T60's are cannon fodder against almost all german armor).
The russian 39th reg reserve in first day has no armor at all. Just a few ATG's and some AT rifles.

I looked at Line/Line. It ruins the Russians. On that setting the German infantry is far too much. Russians would be left with very low number of teams. Their teams are already at a disadvantage and going line/line would be a disaster.
I do think it would be a good idea if we put a 4 tank limit on the 133rd Tank Brigade. That BG also has some nice ATG's too. 4 tank limit on the 133rd is good, while keeping the 6 tank limit on all others.

Last edited by Pzt_Wruff on Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

#25:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:32 pm
    —
suppose german side will host? in last war we were kinda flexible tho, allowing other side to host when they wanted.

#26:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:40 pm
    —
Each side can host. Just like last time, everyone can switch off every other battle. It will be left up to each player, but everyone should be taking turns.

------

A 4 tank limit on the KV's is a good idea since we're having limits.

-----

This is a balanced Op, but if the Merc's feel that the Russians are superior, then by all means we invite you to take the Russians. No guilt here. After all, that is the point of letting you look at the file, so you can weigh all of your options and choose the sidewhich you feel has more to offer you.

Mac

#27:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:31 pm
    —
No doubt. Go russian mercs. Don't feel guilty.
A four tank (KV1) limit on the 133rd Tank Brigade should help you sleep at night. Vehicles=1/2

#28:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:43 am
    —
The decision is final.

#29:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:50 am
    —
lol

See you on Stalins front porch where the Pzt will accept the surrender of the Bolsheviks.

Good luck everyone.

Tomorrow evening (24 hrs) sound good to begin?

#30:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:51 am
    —
No we are not ready actually... Mercs forum still needs configuring and not all my team has checked in yet. We'll let you know when... 'shant be long!

#31:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:55 am
    —
We'll be seeing you Reds at the front!

#32:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:04 am
    —
btw. So there's no confusion. That 4 tank limit for the 133rd Tank Brigade is a go.

#33: has anybody noticed? Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:30 am
    —
the little T60 (6th guard command i think)20mm can take out stugs and mk4's(its a rapid fire gun) and as good if not better then the T70 (45mm) due to purely speed of fire.
use in close or side shots,long range front on against the PzIVG is suicide.

please take russians!

#34:  Author: CavScout PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:43 am
    —
Cool, I'm glad the mercs chose to be Russian - now I can sleep at night. Very Happy

We WILL defend the motherland.

#35:  Author: rouge5 PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:38 pm
    —
Sorry for the late response but I have not had time to reply until now, but I am ready for some hot combat comrades! Smile

I don't want to sound stupid but where do I find the merc's forum?

Long live comrade Stalin

#36:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:23 pm
    —

Mercs don't even have any good skills.
Numchuck skills...
Bowhunting skills...
None.

Pzt Liger

Deb: What are you drawing?
Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.
Deb: What's a liger?
Napoleon Dynamite: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

#37: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:26 am
    —
Napolean Dynamite rocks,he could beat Pzt and the Mercs together with a hand behind his back.

#38:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:01 pm
    —
True that!

Have all you Mercs had a chance to check out the new file? The ATG bug sucks, but I don't feel it should stop us from getting this War on. I'm sure a patch will come out in due time, and if it comes out in the middle of the War, then we'll just patch it up and keep on rolling.

What do you guys think?

Mac

#39:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:15 am
    —
We are gong to stay as Russians with Op Black 2..... I still havent got around to making 1st round orders..... Be warned I am not on vacation like I was on our last OP so this one may be considerably slower.

#40:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:06 am
    —
It's on. Give us a hollar when your first round orders are set and we'll begin.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2