Artillery and katyushas barrage
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Artillery and katyushas barrage Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:42 am
    —
as it is now possible to edit the numbers of artillery and "naval" barrage, are you interested in some changes for the next update? I don't know the limitation of the numbers of barrage per day but are the players interested by more or less barrage for each turn? In reality, artillery barrage and katyushas were used each day in Stalingrad and before each attack (even for local operations) so it will not be unrealistic if we increase the numbers of barrage but I have to know if it will not affect too much the gameplay.

#2:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:16 am
    —
I for one would be interested in massive bombardments.

#3:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:15 am
    —
More artillery, More Katyushas, More Ka-Booom !!! But in my opinion artillery and katyushas and even planes are less destructable than in Vetmod cc4 - where artillery was so destructable, that sweeps my teams from earth. Vetmod was only mod, where i reaaly afraid of artillery and hide in every corner and pray for survive Shocked

Maybe in Stalingrad will be good to increase power of artillery ? Rolling Eyes

#4:  Author: bkp_mik PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:29 am
    —
i feel artillery support in stalingrad stronger than in gjs, like it. i'd say after 1 day of gameplay that i prefer artillery than airstrikes...

#5:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:56 am
    —
Number of strikes seems ok to me, perhaps 1 or 2 more would be nice.
but you could indeed give them a bit more power!

#6:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:21 pm
    —
I've got once IL-2 Sturmovik in air support Smile and on the map was this damn PzIVG which moments before sweept my infantry teams Sad Then i think "ok Panzer , you are mine" and send IL2 to destroy him. IL2 do nothing to him !!! i think i was unluck !

#7:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:11 pm
    —
Probably the IL2 missed a part on the tank that it could penetrate.

#8:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:48 pm
    —
As someone who enjoys playing the germans I would like more air support and sooner! (like after 5 minutes instead of 10). It seems the planes allways show up late and miss the target!

The artillery is ok-perhaps a tad more "BOOM" needed.

#9:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:47 pm
    —
More Stukas would be great, especially in the earlier stages. As Stukas were quite precise due to dive bombing they could be a tad more deadly perhaps.

#10:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:48 pm
    —
I'd say more Artillery and Rockets.

I agree it seems that the German Airsupport falls short a lot of the time.

#11:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:53 am
    —
no way to chnge amount of airsupport for sides yet.

#12:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:19 am
    —
And finally i discovered a real , destrictable power of IL2 Szturmowik Smile in one salvos he completely destroyed PzIVG as well PZIIIJ. YES Very Happy

#13:  Author: AjK PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:25 pm
    —
Arty strikes:
- Duration/number of strikes is ok

- Shells could be a bit more powerful
E.g. At airfield Hangar 2 was full of russian troops. I ordered and arty strike on the Hangar, losses were minimal if any.

- In turn of being more powerful they should be less concentrated. IRL today single arty strikes cover approx. 100x300m area (3 batteries total 12 guns, all fire 4 rounds. Finnish army). I don't know what was the doctrine in 1942 but the affected area in Stalingrad is very small. Original CC3 had the area quite right actually. Although I suppose individual shells were too powerful in org CC3.

So for arty: a little more powerful shells, a lot more cluttered explosions

Airstrikes:
Yet no clear opinion on these. First impressions is that these could be more powerful. We are talking about 250 kg bombs, these should affect tanks and crew even without a direct hit. Artillery warheads were what, 25 kg? Accuracy is quite high, hitting a single tank was not easy.

So in general, less accuracy, more power Smile

ajk

#14:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:41 pm
    —
MarcinT wrote:
And finally i discovered a real , destrictable power of IL2 Szturmowik Smile in one salvos he completely destroyed PzIVG as well PZIIIJ. YES Very Happy

what!! russian air strikes out powering german airstrikes in 1942 just can be right..

But i have seen the same- the famous german Luftwaffe bombing empty roads and fields with glee- while Russian szturmowik hits everything and rules supreme.( i get the feeling Dima wants the germans to lose Wink )

After reading up on some of my Stalingrad books I qoute
""Luftewaffe bomber crews were allowed little respite.On 19th september one pilot calculated that he'd flown 228 missions in the last 3 months."
"Luftwaffe support was deadly- specialy on the open steppe-....-howver many pilots wondered what use it was to endlessly bomb rubbel (when they were fighting in stalingrad proper)"

not to mention the fact that many russion bombers never even made it to thier targets.."a yak stood litle chance against a messerschmitt 109, and the shturmovik fighter bombers , although armoured from underneath, were very vunerable when tailed by a competent pilot."

"source's = Stalingrad-Anony Beevor"
"Easternfront = B.M.L."

#15:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:37 pm
    —
Well IL2 was very dangerous plane - no doubt ! But Stukas (famous dive bomber) too ... and question - Has German in September-October period supremacy in air ? If they has - maybe give them more air supports Rolling Eyes

#16:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:31 pm
    —
Quote:
and question - Has German in September-October period supremacy in air ?

yes they had.

Quote:
If they has - maybe give them more air supports

read my previous reply.

#17:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:42 pm
    —
Does
Quote:
no way to chnge amount of airsupport for sides yet
mean that you cannot change it, or does it mean that you don't want it to be changed? Just out of curiosity Wink

#18:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:46 pm
    —
it means that nobody knows how to chnge amount of Airsupport yet Sad .

maybe in nearest future someone( Arrow Tejszd Very Happy ) finds how to... Confused

#19:  Author: Wastemoreland PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:12 pm
    —
do the katyushas work? doesnt seem to work for me to assign them to the units Crying or Very sad

#20:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:22 pm
    —
Remember: You can only assign Katyusha barrages to units on the volga river! Nowhere else!

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1