Modding CC3... starting with a clean slate
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

#1: Modding CC3... starting with a clean slate Author: lord_smutley-beaverbrookLocation: Vancouver, BC, Canada PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:06 pm
    —
I've edited CC3 using Excel and QClone for a little while now, nothing major, just playing around with the original data sets.
I started making my own mod recently and decided it might be a good idea to start from scratch by removing all default teams, soldiers, weapons, etc... and adding mine one by one as I make them.
The game didn't like this and crashed.
I thought the original Battles might be searching for some of the default units so I removed all battles as well. This didn't work, as you might imagine.

My question is: is it possible to start from scratch, adding your own custom units one by one (keeping the class column #'s sequential, of course), or am I limited to replacing existing units in the data files?

Thanks for any help!

#2:  Author: Arg0nLocation: Slavonski Brod PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:56 pm
    —
IMHO there's no need to start from scratch, you only need to throw out some useless units (unless you want to make a new mod, like new theatre, units ect.) and sdd some better ones like Sherman 76 in stead of T-20 armored tractor ,who uses these anyway? (I am talking about RR mod.) and add some more accurate data for tanks and weapons like Panther (See my post "Why is Panther so strong") Anyway I think you can start over, but then again, I myself just experimented with data editing.

I hope I was of at least some help. Very Happy
BTW welcome to CCS!
Arg0n.

#3:  Author: lord_smutley-beaverbrookLocation: Vancouver, BC, Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:24 am
    —
Thanks very much!
I've decided to replace units one by one. It seems the safe way to do things and is so far working out fine.
With luck I'll have my own mod... in about three years! Laughing

Cheers!

#4:  Author: Arg0nLocation: Slavonski Brod PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:38 pm
    —
What will your mod be about? Maybe I can give you some links to WWII sites? I myself decided to make a bit more realistic mod than RealRed (The strenght of the King Tiger and Panther are unfair and IS 2 is too weak) so I could contribute a bit to your effort (data gathering), but I have a lot of things to do (Highschool 'n stuff), so I'm sometimes swamped. If you need help talk to the mod makers and others, maybe they can help.
Cheers.
Arg0n.

#5:  Author: lord_smutley-beaverbrookLocation: Vancouver, BC, Canada PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:44 pm
    —
Right now I'm playing around, getting familiar with how everything works. I'll probably go through a couple of substandard versions before I start getting competent at modding.
The mod is based on a gritty military scifi background kind of like David Drake's 'Hammers Slammers'. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I'll like it!

Thanks for your offer of help, If I run into trouble I'll post an SOS!

Cheers!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1