Power balance and system crashes
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Power balance and system crashes Author: beatmasta PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:09 pm
    —
Hi,
I'm starting a H2H grand campaign and would like to ask couple of questions before.
What power balance is best for H2H game? If both sides are at veteran level the power balance is favoring Germans quite a lot. Whats the best setting in H2H game? For example CC IV was quite boring when both are at vet level. How about Stalingrad?

And what about CC5 crashes. We played a CC5 grand campaign but quit playing it quite soon because the game crashed almost every time after 2-3 games. That got very annoying and we dumped the CC5 and have played CCIV and CC III and mods. Are the crashes still there?

#2:  Author: tomekj5Location: Poland, Skawina PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:22 pm
    —
Hi
I think that when playing campain both sides should have the sme lavel vet/elite. I know that germans have huge advantage at the start but strenghts will balance with time. Russian task in first phase of campain is to delay the german progres not to push them right back!

About crashes i must say that stalingrad mod is much more stabile than GJS, i have sometimes crashes in GJS. In Stalingrad i get none.

#3:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:30 pm
    —
Green/Line/Veteran:
-most balanced for H2H.
-historical units and strength.

Recruit:
-both sides get 7-10 more teams of each type.
-most of russian BGs receive 2-3 tanx.
-russian BGs that cross Volga have 1-3 tanx and hvy guns.
-number of StuGIIIF(alte) for germans(frontal armor 80+mm),more PzIIIL.
-number of flame tanx for russians(OT-133,OT-34).

Elite:
-both sides get twice as less support units(guns,MGs,ATRs,mortars,etc).
-historical number of tanx on 13.09.42 devided by 1.5(more or less).
-some number of T-26 and BT-7 for russians.
-same number of inf teams as on recruit/line/veteran.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1