Problems installing Stalingrad
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Problems installing Stalingrad Author: tankmanlefront PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:46 pm
    —
I've followed all the instructions in the installation for the beginner section on this webpage exactly but when I try to install the plug-in in the Config manager I get the message:

Failed to copy C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\CC5.exe to System\Original\CC5.exe because C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\CC5.exe does not exist

Can anybody help? Thanks.

#2:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:47 pm
    —
Search better on this forum. There were problems like Yours(or very similiar). And they were solved.

#3:  Author: bkp_mik PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:39 pm
    —
it may be due to an unfinished attempt to load plugin. confing manager may have copied exe file to the said directory before (in a previous plugin load attempt) and cant do it now. u sure the exe file is in the basic directory?

#4:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:02 pm
    —
Probably your path in the registry is messed up. GO check it!

#5:  Author: Hedges13Location: USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:26 am
    —
hey man... what you need to do is reinstall the original CC5 and then install the patch and hten try to install the mod. if that doesnt work go into the CC5 CD and copy the executable file.... i think that may work. but not sure

#6: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:26 am
    —
ye anytime u get an error message with the plugin on install or on uninstall.
take a picture of it first time,and do not attempt to install anything else.
u will be just messing up ur reg install,which in turn will most likely mess with the other plugins as they need the reg files to be there to work.
so unplug any mods uninstall 5.01 patch the cc5
i always burn any new mod to cd so if something like that happens i dont have to redownload just reinstall.

#7: Problems installing Stalingrad mod Author: alberich PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:58 am
    —
Hi tankmanlefront,

I am not a computer whiz and had the same problem which made me feel like a complete moron - following the superb installation guide by the letter and still this error message would appear.

However, the solution is fairly simple: Your default directory into which CC5 is installed is c:\Programs yet the config file which will install the mod is looking into the c:\program files directory.

Just copy the whole SSI directory (after you have made the full installation including the 5.01 patch) into c:\program files and then this mod will work.

Hope this helps, this mod is just awesome

alberich

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1