Molotov Shooter Vet Play
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Molotov Shooter Vet Play Author: Antifa PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:20 pm
    —
Ok so I fiddled around with data a bit for fun -- I wanted to give the Soviets a bit more of an advantage for single play against the AI. So I doubled the shots for the standard soviet Inf Rifle. I also change the armor on the guns for both sides (lowering the rear and top armor so the aren't so indestructable.) And then I made a Molotov Shooter. Luer had one of these in his CC3 mods. The soviets did shot molotovs like mortars. Only for CC there's no way (that I could devise) to make an incendiary with indirect fire. So I basically made a direct fire incendiary shooter out of the soviet 50mm Minomet. The guys can be in buildings, the weapon isn't that strong but could slow infantry down and take out the occassional open top car. The real kick is just the look of all those flames on the map. -- It's just for fun -- I could attach the files here ==here's a pic for now:

[img=http://img121.imagevenue.com/loc213/th_e7a_UO0035.jpg]

#2:  Author: MarcinTLocation: Poland PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:29 pm
    —
It is very interesting to give more molotovs and make molotovs squad Very Happy

#3:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:19 pm
    —
At least it is a funny sight! Rolling Eyes

#4:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:28 pm
    —
Antifa,

v nice u've mentioned it.

that weapon was called 'Ampulomet obr.42'('Stalingradets') and was used in Stalingrad.
Possibly will find it's way to mod Smile .

#5:  Author: sieterayos PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:14 am
    —
Interesting point. From ASL Red Barricades Mod-

The Soviets were using a Molotov projector in 1942-3 which worked something like a PIAT but obviously fired an incendiary. There is photographic evidence apparently that it was used in Stalingrad and hits caused smoke as well as fire.
The US military refered to it as a low trajectory mortar for firing incendiary ampules at AFV.

ASL gives it a maximum and highly inaccurate range of 160 meters, fairly accurate up to 120 meters and an average breakdown chance for a Russian support weapon.

Would be good to see it modded in Smile

#6:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:17 am
    —
Effective range was 75m.

#7:  Author: Antifa PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:03 am
    —
sieterayos wrote:
Interesting point. From ASL Red Barricades Mod-

The Soviets were using a Molotov projector in 1942-3 which worked something like a PIAT but obviously fired an incendiary. There is photographic evidence apparently that it was used in Stalingrad and hits caused smoke as well as fire.
The US military refered to it as a low trajectory mortar for firing incendiary ampules at AFV.

ASL gives it a maximum and highly inaccurate range of 160 meters, fairly accurate up to 120 meters and an average breakdown chance for a Russian support weapon.

Would be good to see it modded in Smile

Cool!

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1