assaulting anti-tank/infantry guns
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: assaulting anti-tank/infantry guns Author: StaticLocation: U$A PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:20 am
    —
having a blast with the grand campaign so far... ive noticed a lot of people getting their hackles up about the towed guns being hard to take out so i thought id throw in my two cents

i think that anti-tank and infantry guns have been shortchanged in a lot of mods...take tt's fantastic vetmod for cc4....towed guns were so vulnerable they were almost useless...

in my opinion the stalingrad mod really represents the firepower these guns brought to the battlefield....theyre tough to destroy because thats the best way to represent them in the game... just think of the toughness as a representation of the gunshield, the crew's placement of the gun on the terrain, camo, low profile, etc. my only question deals with the speed with which most of the guns shift between targets...just how fast could they be traversed? did most of the guns have a traverse mechanism built into the carriage itself or did the crew actually have to pick up the tail and walk it left/right?

in my experience so far, a combination of smoke, suppressing fire and flanking from infantry, and a coup de grace from a tank or armored car works pretty well.

one more thing - what is the difference between the two grand campaigns?

alright...like i said...my two cents

back to trying to kill my first russian tank via airstrike!

#2:  Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:51 am
    —
Hello Static Smile ,

I know this is a little off the subject of Stalingrad, but with regard to your questions regarding the ability of AT guns, engagement of targets mobility and traverse etc. you might like to visit this site:-
http://members.tripod.com/~nigelef/anti-tank.htm

As I said its a bit off subject (Stalingrad), it deals exclusively with British AT guns and artillery of WW2, but it should answer some of your questions regarding tactics and capabilities.

Hope its of use Smile

Cheers
Ronson

#3:  Author: Arg0nLocation: Slavonski Brod PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:11 pm
    —
The gun traverse is faster with smaller guns (45 mm) than heavier guns, the speed of traverse depends on the carriage, exp. of the crew, and weight of the cannon, but you already know that. I wanted to say that in the game turn rates are a bit strange, small guns sometimes turn like large guns, but it depends on the supression. So i am curious too.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1