possiable improvement to game play in future:?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: possiable improvement to game play in future:? Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:56 am
    —
i was thinking today how weird it is at the begining of the war to be fighting in totally bombed out buildings,with often perfect straight sides on some, and little 'debri' and few road blocks(improvised or other), and was pondering:

both plug in!

a) early war maps set,similar to current, less destroyed, summer(dry roads for faster travelling)

b) autum/winter, em masse armour/bodies/blackened with sleet/snow covered, assuming october in stalingrad sleety or early snow, or boggy as hell,lots of immobilisations(havent noticed that in this mod,more a cc3 RR thing?)

i read there will be more maps changed later, i think...the cc3 stock map looks a little funny now the tanks are twice as big!

#2:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:18 pm
    —
Quote:
i was thinking today how weird it is at the begining of the war to be fighting in totally bombed out buildings,with often perfect straight sides on some, and little 'debri' and few road blocks(improvised or other),

Stalingrad has been heavily bombed since august. Mod starts in september.

Quote:
autum/winter, em masse armour/bodies/blackened with sleet/snow covered, assuming october in stalingrad sleety or early snow

it began snowing on 16th of November. Mod finishes in October.
wait for Der Kessel Wink .

Quote:
or boggy as hell,lots of immobilisations(havent noticed that in this mod,more a cc3 RR thing?)

try to move tanx across rubble.

Quote:
i read there will be more maps changed later, i think...the cc3 stock map looks a little funny now the tanks are twice as big!

all CC3 maps will be replaced with new ones in further updates.

#3:  Author: Antifa PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:27 pm
    —
There's alot I read about Stalingrad and promptly forgot. I was wondering about the snow. If I'm not mistaken though, it was below freezing already in October -- is that right or am I mixing that up with Moscow 41?

Any case, this mod is so amazing. So much work down to the last details. I can't believe you all could dig up pictures of some of those officers! I am really having fun with this. I will post a long campaign AAR soon.

#4:  Author: Hedges13Location: USA PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:08 pm
    —
yea... try to move tanks across rubble... even on sneak - your screwed. Smile

#5:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:52 am
    —
hi,
actually in stalingrad it snowed for the first time in mid-october.
around the 15th at night and on 22nd for sure.

in moscow 1941 it snowed on 10th october with -10 Celsius.

Sources:
Beevor, Antony: Stalingrad, London 1998, Page 238.
Carell, Paul: Operation Barbarossa, Darmstadt 1968, Page.361.

#6:  Author: sieterayos PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:22 pm
    —
PolemarchosI. wrote:
hi,
actually in stalingrad it snowed for the first time in mid-october.
around the 15th at night and on 22nd for sure.
But like history, the passage from summer to winter is not a straight line. It rained plenty between and after these dates.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1