Vetmods?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Vetmods? Author: elmomother PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:45 pm
    —
Any sign of a vetmod coming out for either the germans or russians? I started playing the mod on the weekend after it came out but was finding it too easy. The russians never put up much of a defence at all,especially on the larger maps - cursed CC5 AI! Sad And I had just too many troops (and this was me on elite, then on recruit,15mins,2 warning, enemy see and full info for them). Then the patch came out and I thought I'll not bother starting again until a vetmod came out. Is there one in production by either the team or a fellow player?

#2:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:22 pm
    —
Stal team has no plans for vetmods.

#3:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:15 pm
    —
For a real challenge come play at www.gamespy.com Wink

#4: Re: Vetmods? Author: Antifa PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:59 am
    —
elmomother wrote:
Any sign of a vetmod coming out for either the germans or russians? I started playing the mod on the weekend after it came out but was finding it too easy. The russians never put up much of a defence at all,especially on the larger maps - cursed CC5 AI! Sad And I had just too many troops (and this was me on elite, then on recruit,15mins,2 warning, enemy see and full info for them). Then the patch came out and I thought I'll not bother starting again until a vetmod came out. Is there one in production by either the team or a fellow player?

I'm half way there to making one. Maybe I will do something consequential over the holidays in December -- I have the Russian weapons notched up a bit now. But a real "Close Combat" Vetmod -- for play against the AI (as many of us don't have time to really guarantee anyone an uninterrupted game) -- would involve knocking Armor down to a minimum - not fun for those who dig the tanks or historical authenticity but it make for good fun playing against the AI -- Also it should be said that the Stalingrad Mod teams has already done an incredible job balancing the Agressivity of the BGs, so it should be pretty easy to make a decent Vetmod.

#5:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:05 am
    —
Antifa,

wait for update first Wink . As there will be alot of new things in it(not sure if it will be compatible to 1.1 ver)...

#6:  Author: caribaceyLocation: St Martin, Caribbean PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:12 am
    —
A VetStalingrad mod would be awesome.
The Stalingrad is my cc5 mod of interest at this stage. When I need a Close Combat challenge against the AI, I go to cc4 and the VetBoB mod.

#7:  Author: gravyface PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:04 am
    —
+1 for a vetmod. The germans should be bowling over my pathetic Russian defenses, especially in the outskirts of the city. I'm on day 3 and I've yet to lose a battle, even with some BGs down to one or two AT rifle teams.

#8:  Author: Gleto PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:38 am
    —
If anything, the only reason why I'm still playing CC series is because of the vetmods. Still play CC2, but I never realized how awful the sound sfx on it until recently (the whole cacaphonic repititious sound of rifles, hope someone mods it if its doable).

It's not Stalingrad's at fault, it's those damn coders in Atomic--wish they'd up the anti on A.I. instead of just reclessly dishing out a game solely for its franchise.

Sure there is the multiplayer aspect of it, but most of the time I'm on the road with my job and like to twiddle time off with some CC action in my laptop. So it's SP for me.

Right now I got back to the thick of things with this fantastic production of a mod. Only the depressing part is the A.I. On one scenario when they had ARMORS and completly outnumber me, they spent 90 percent of the time mosing around the map--which are great maps btw. When 1 minute away from time running out finally elapsed, they got the fantastic idea of attacking my poorly armed troops. But this attack was ' send a few soldiers towards VLs then kiss the ground when a small pepper of mortar comes their way, and spend the rest of the gametime practicing their butterfly strokes thereon' attack. Then time runs out, uch depressing, such a great game ruined by A.I.!

Anyways, had to get that off my chest, hope there's a breakthrough with A.I. It would be nice to see them back in their natural element found in halcyon yore of CC and CC2. They squat, they run, and rarely do they prone in the open. Ah the aggressive cunning A.I. that always whooped my arse, them were the good times.

#9:  Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:19 pm
    —
Pzt_Mac wrote:
For a real challenge come play at www.gamespy.com Wink
i worry what crap gamespy puts on my computer besides the files it needs! is there some were else i can play ccv stalinglad besides there?

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1