MarkIIIL vs T34...Three blown T34s in a raw..
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#41:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:42 pm
    —
Quote:
but you confused me when you said 6-7 shots as TNsH 20mm fires multiple shot at once

20mm TNSh fires 1rnd each time.

Quote:
No it was a T60, it ended up my PZIVG from the back. It was 60-70 meters away from Pz and Pz couldn't rotate the gun in time

At ranges up to 100m TNSh can pen. 35mm
PzIVG has:
21mm rear hull
32mm rear turret.

#42:  Author: cronus PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:48 am
    —
Hehe, 20 mm T60 gun is pretty usefull Ithink. I have one captured unit still in operation at the 5th day and tank commander got many decorations including the iron cross..Has three tanks, a field gun and over 30 infantry killings. It's fast, small (hard target) and pretty good gun for short engagements, I wonder if it can see the end of the campaign Question

Dima, do I have to wait for the next patch for the PzIVG L/43 gun correction? Cause I don't know the data editing.

#43:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:32 am
    —
Quote:
Dima, do I have to wait for the next patch for the PzIVG L/43 gun correction? Cause I don't know the data editing.

yes it will be released this week.

#44:  Author: cronus PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:37 am
    —
About the patch 1.2.

After the installation of the patch, I've had a fight with Russian armour group in south stalingrad dock. I don't know the port name but with couple of ships.

I've had 3 PzIIIJs, 2 PzIVGs, 2 PzIIFs, 1PzIVF.
Russian armour group had 2 T70s, 4 T34s.

At the start, I've positioned my 2 PzIVGs on longe range duel positions and PzIIIJs in ambush positions.

After the initial long range(230-240m) fire duel with PZIVGs and T34s, 2 T70s destroyed, one T34 incapacitated, and a T34 is damaged. My 2 PzIVGs are destroyed.

Seems a better long range AT capacity. It seems panzers need longer ranges to overcome the losses.

#45:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:21 am
    —
well,

240m is not long range...400-500m will be better for PzIVG.

PzIVG is vulnerable at any range coz of it's 50mm armour, so u should meneuvre it and try to hit T34 with side hit. That will mean 1 shot 1 kill:).

#46: PzIIIL still outperforms PZIVG Author: cronus PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:51 am
    —
Stupid thing is that the direct hit ratio of the PZIVG is far worse than the T34 or PzIIIL.

PZIIIL>T34>PzIVG.

Is there anything in the game data that simulates the aiming capability of the gun systems of these tanks?

One thing is for sure: PzIVG is not a capable tank in this mode even with veteran crew. Such a waste of valuable resources.

#47: Re: PzIIIL still outperforms PZIVG Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:00 am
    —
cronus wrote:
Stupid thing is that the direct hit ratio of the PZIVG is far worse than the T34 or PzIIIL. PZIIIL>T34>PzIVG.

u r incorrect. PzIVG>PzIIIL>T34.

Quote:
Is there anything in the game data that simulates the aiming capability of the gun systems of these tanks?

yes and PzIVG has better accuracy.

Quote:
One thing is for sure: PzIVG is not a capable tank in this mode even with veteran crew. Such a waste of valuable resources.

if it was v good in reality it wouldn't be upguned to 7.5cm L/48 and uparmored to 80mm(and they still tried to place as more track or road whells on front as possible).

still better than PzIVE/F vs T34, isn't it? Laughing

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3