News from der Kessel (2)
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

#1: News from der Kessel (2) Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:17 am
    —
Hi all,

Let's again be a little prudent, but I really think now that the hell is behind us. I have created a lot of battles, ops, campaigns thais week-end, my son has played 2 days of a Stalingrad-City campaign and everything was OK. I have still a little concern with the Grand Campaign which crashes on the desktop sometimes ( 1 time every 3 or 4 times) at a very special time (before going to the stratmap screen): if I remember well, I already faced this kind of crash when I did my Aisne mod: it is related to a btd which the mod, for any reason, doesn't like....

So, where is the mod today?

1) The datas are OK, at least regarding their reliability: even the single battles work! I still have to improve them (number of ammos, reserve the MG'42's to the wintergewitter and pionners regiments....etc...).
2) The graphics are still tobe improved but are something like 90% complete.
3) The sounds.....I don't know. Will be improved anyway!
4) The tanks and guns. This is really the major concern. I would like to do a mix of custom paint ones, Stalingrad ones and others.... I am currently working on that.
5) The MAPS. 15 are completed. Alarge nuumber are more or less painted and are waiting for coding. This is really the most time consuming, tedious work.... Any help will be welcome here. I am currently woreking on two other maps -Marinovka and Osinkij (for this one a pic is available on the combat camera)- which will be completed for Christmas.
At the rate I am currently working (2 to 3 a month), the mod should be availablle somewhere early 2007.

But much sooner if you can help in coding the maps.!!!!

Cheers
Panzerjäger

#2:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:00 pm
    —
..and about the Terrain file i sent you??? Did it help you in anyway?

Mats Confused

#3:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:48 pm
    —
Hi Sapa;

Oh Sorry! I forgot to answer you: your file is OK and really helped the mod to be now playable at the same time Mafi "improved" its CC2Spriter.

Many thanks to you.

cheers
Pzjager

#4:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:06 pm
    —
Great! Razz

Cheers Mats

#5:  Author: Antifa PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:25 am
    —
Rock on! It's good to see spirits up again!

#6:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:32 am
    —
Hi all;

Happy to let you know that the mod works now very well and that I have recently finished 2 new maps (Osinkij and Jelchi).
The number of custom maps finished is now 16, with one being 95% finished (Marinovka) and two other ones in coding process (Serafimovitch and Wensij).
I hope that at the end of the month all these ones will be finished, so that there will be at this time 19 custom maps available.
That could mean 5 maps in december! As you see, I do everything to regain the wasted time...
Cheers
Pzjager

#7:  Author: HistoryTeachesLocation: Germany PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:08 am
    —
keep it going ! Very Happy

#8:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:26 am
    —
pzjager,

Glad to everything is working now and you are back at it....

#9:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:43 pm
    —
Hi all;

I have been a litle silent recently, but please realise the enormous amount of work I had to perform to save a little of these two ugly monthes of oktober and november... Now the mod is really on the tracks. I have coded 6 new custom maps in december and I hope to be able to finish 3 or 4 new other ones in january.

So, it is my Christmas/new year gift for all of you: 1) the mod now will go to the end. 2) 50% of the maps are finished. 3) The mod is the most stable I
have ever seen (ask to my child who already finished 3 campaigns without ANY crash and told me yesterday again: dad: it is fantastic!!!).4) I am working, with experience, more and more rapidly.

I really think about now of a realease date of about 2008 or so.... (joke?)

The most important: BEST WISHES FOR ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES. WE HAVE WITH CC A FANTASTIC GAME. LET'S GO ON. MY ONLY WISH IS TO CONTRIBUTE TO ALL THIS HAPINESS

Cheers
panzerjäger

#10:  Author: HistoryTeachesLocation: Germany PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:08 pm
    —
keep it going
i long for your mod
make me happy Wink

#11:  Author: rouge5 PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:27 am
    —
Can't wait for the year 2008 to arrive Wink I am really looking forward to this mod to be released and I thank you for taking the painstaking time and effort to provide the community with your mod.

Please keep up the good work Very Happy

#12:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:37 pm
    —
Sweet pzjager, that's great news. I know we are all VERY much looking forward to it. I have a good feeling about it being released in 2006... :Cool

#13:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:45 am
    —
Hi all,

2008 was definitively a (bad) joke.... 2006 is, I believe, quite ambitious, but could be achieved. It will depend on the time I will have available to make the 22 miising maps...(Yes, I have finished 22 maps on the total 44, that's 50%!). It will depend also on how much help I could have to code the remaining maps. And, last, on how much time it will take to test the mod before the release. All I can say regarding this is that the game works remarquably well without crash, and the datas are quite OK (must still be a little improved, however, for example a MG37 had 5000 ammo!).

Will anyway let you regularly aware about the development of the game.

Cheers and many thanks all for your kind support
Panzerjäger

#14: maps Author: jagd_jar1 PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:40 pm
    —
The maps you've already made look fantastic! Looking forward to this mod!!

#15: News from Der Kessel Author: cavallotLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:26 pm
    —
Hi Pzjag! All my compliments! Very good job!
If I can help....

:Cool
cavallot

#16: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:03 pm
    —
p.s if anyone wants to help PZjager code the maps!

a claim of not knowing how is not an exceptable excuse!

any1 can say oh i dont know how (im off the hook).

well crap!! im willing to teach any1 willing how to learn.

yep so think twice before saying i would if i could!

#17:  Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:01 pm
    —
Having coded over 200 CC maps I can honestly say it's simple. All you need is paiteince. these maps look great too btw.

#18:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:07 am
    —
Lord4war and Southern Land are right.... Coding maps is very simple and my feeling is that anybody can do that.

Unfortunately, without any help, I don't anticipate any release before end 2006 at the earliest.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

#19: Re: mmm Author: robgLocation: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:38 pm
    —
ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
p.s if anyone wants to help PZjager code the maps!

a claim of not knowing how is not an exceptable excuse!

any1 can say oh i dont know how (im off the hook).

well crap!! im willing to teach any1 willing how to learn.

yep so think twice before saying i would if i could!

Ok, can you teach me how to code a map. I think I can spend some time helping PZjager

Cheers,
Rob

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1