Website Suggestions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Site Info

#1: Website Suggestions Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:29 am
    —
If you got 'em, say 'em here!

One thing I am trying to do is multi language news stories. French/English are always up on 90% of the stories. Got a Russian verson of one... If anyone out there wants to translate a story to thier local lingo let me know. About 1/3 of our visitors come from places other than Europe and North America.

Last edited by mooxe on Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:38 pm
    —
hi mooxe,

how about adding to the "How to´s & Guides" modding How To's ?

i found some on other pages, but i think ccs.net should have them too in order to be comprehensive...

the how to for modders i found:
http://www.ccjunkies.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=42&limit=1&limitstart=1

thx in advance

#3:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:40 pm
    —
hi again,

and maybe some update on the "web links" section...

thx

#4:  Author: HistoryTeachesLocation: Germany PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:59 pm
    —
maybe a History Link where you see a calender who has info about what happened on this day during WW2
just a suggestion

#5:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:29 pm
    —
The Links could use some work I think. Making something like Gods CC links would I think be great. Also Mafi revised his CC2 map museum, the thing under How to's

#6:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:06 pm
    —
Quote:
web links

My appoligies guys, been very busy with RL and on a low profile.

Will restart on those pages when I find some spare time.

Any new links or pages, pls pm these to me. (saves me time surfing Wink )

#7:  Author: Pzt_penguin PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:52 am
    —
PolemarchosI. wrote:
hi mooxe,

how about adding to the "How to´s & Guides" modding How To's ?

i found some on other pages, but i think ccs.net should have them too in order to be comprehensive...

the how to for modders i found:
http://www.ccjunkies.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=42&limit=1&limitstart=1

thx in advance

Oh screw CC junkies why don't you. Laughing I like the quick start links you added

#8:  Author: CarpeNoctem PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:34 pm
    —
In reference to the other thread about recruitment and retention let me outline my requests here.

1. Articles for the newbie in reference to getting started effectively and tactics that work.
2. Articles for the intermediate. I guess you could group articles here referencing online play, reviewing existing or new mods - not necessarily creating mods - as this I feel is more for the hard core players. Also, it'd be a great grouping for articles on the newer versions of CC: CCM, RTB, RP, etc. This area is very important because I think that the lack of support/interest for newer versions may be void in the market and thus having detrimental effects on the creators/publishers. No sense publishing a game if there isnt enough interest for it.
3. Articles for the advanced player / supporter. Getting start guides for modders - unit management from a creation stand point, etc.

Please notice that I am pointing towards articles here. While forums are a great place to discuss all of these areas, and forums are basically self supporting - articles gives users a single point of access to information. This is required so people are playing Hatfield and McCoy when it comes to previously discussed topics. You know the scenario, 'please do a search of forum X as it's been previously discussed numerous time.'

Stickies help, but they have their own shortcomings.

Best regards,

CN

#9:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:24 pm
    —
i have a good suggestion. can you make an online chatroom?

#10:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:49 pm
    —
Weblinks will be done in the near future.

Little bit busy with RL at this time Embarassed

#11:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:28 am
    —
Chat room? u can use the forum as a chatroom ... or use game spy ...

#12:  Author: yanni PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:50 am
    —
instead of newbie , can this be changed to reserve ostruppen ? Razz

#13:  Author: dacman82Location: Perth, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:38 am
    —
I'Ve been having a bit of trouble on GS finding a player to last out a GC aand thought that maybe you could set up a particular section wher guys can ask for someone to play them in a particular mod or watever. would be a nice idea i think as it is sometimes hard to correspond with ppl on gs as you may just miss them and not know they were even on that day. ON the same note. does anyone want to play a GC of any mod? I'm in Perth western australia (gmt+Cool AND I MEAN PLAY IT. NOT 3 BATTLES AND THEN NEVER SPEAK AGAIN Mad

#14:  Author: ens PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:21 pm
    —
I myself have much experience as a webmaster and building/creating websites....

I've noticed a lot of errors on the forums. This is caused by, well, various things.

I don't know you guys's experience, but if you wanted, I'd be willing to contribute to the CCS.net website.... by helping make it better.

Thanks

P.S. Especially after noticing that you are using PHP Nuke, which, by the way, is about the worst cms you could've chosen, security and professionalism-wise. But don't take this personally! You did a really great job with it (even though it's not recommended!) Smile

#15: Re: Website Suggestions Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:44 pm
    —
McAfee doesnt give CCS a very good report.

Last problem I had with a download from here is the old UOSU screenshot program.
It looks to me like it might be in the form of the text files that come with UOSU.
The program will run and work but everytime I load it it gives an error first.
And when I look at changing the Key Assign it's all messed up.
Site Report Link:
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/closecombatseries.net?premium=false&client_uid=2312137330&client_ver=3.0.1.147&client_type=IEPlugin&suite=true&aff_id=0&locale=en-us&os_ver=5.1.3.0&pip=true

UO0079.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.6 KB
 Viewed:  11150 Time(s)

UO0079.jpg

#16: Re: Website Suggestions Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:07 pm
    —
Mcafee reports it like that because I have Gamespy bundled with many CC5 mods.

#17: Re: Website Suggestions Author: Ballacraine PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:18 pm
    —
Suggestion from a some time lurker & forum noob.

I don't wish to create a lot of extra work, but a short(ish) description on the files in the download section would help assess which files do what & whether the user wants them.

Also I haven't been able to get the download for VetBob mod to work.

Many thanks for this site.

It has been a great help in rediscovering CC & getting it to work on my current PC.

Balla. Smile

#18: Re: Website Suggestions Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:33 am
    —
Some things written in Australian would be good.

Close Combat Series -> Site Info

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1