Surrounded battlegroups
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Surrounded battlegroups Author: burnt_oakLocation: Christchurch, New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:40 am
    —
When a surrounded battlegroup is forced off a map should it lose all of its armour? I'm sure I've had one Russian battlegroup reappear with a new pool of armour.

Also I managed to eventually kill most of the KV-1s in a battlegroup and then force it off a map along the Volga only to have it reappear next day with a whole new force of KV-1's again - yikes! Maybe it was a new battlegroup.

Has anyone else had this happen - is there a bug or is this correct.

Burnt Oak

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:44 pm
    —
After each battle in a GC or OP save the game and press "command" then reload the game. If you dont do this then all forcepool losses will not be counted. AFAIK.

Standard practice with CC5 is to never use the Next buttin after a battle.

#3:  Author: burnt_oakLocation: Christchurch, New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:35 pm
    —
I've played CC5 for quite a while now and never knew - goes to show you learn something every day. Thanks for a great mod.

#4:  Author: sargexmyLocation: st. louis, mo, usa PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:18 pm
    —
mooxe, is what u said true?!!??

i actually never paid attention that closely. However in my campaign, i was taking on a T34 battlegroup that had like 8 T34s. Killed most of them. When it appeared back, i think it was only to have 3 T34s, and the rest was filled in w/ T70/T60s. And i have been using the next button the whole time.

im confused as if that is what we really have to do, b/c ill have to do it then Smile to get rid of thos KVs...

thanks

#5:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:31 pm
    —
Its partially true. Honestly this is the practice thats been used by most people for the past 5 years when we 1st discovered the bug. I know for a fact certain units survive, when they should of been deleted from the forepool if you press next.... The details on who stays and goes have been forgotten by me.

Can anyone else shed some light?

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1