Grain Elevator
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Grain Elevator Author: MörserCarlLocation: Tokyo PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:04 pm
    —
According to what I've read about the Panzerkampfwagen II, it's 2 cm and 7.92 mm weaponry should only be elevatable up to +20 degrees.

However, today when I was playing the Soviets on the Grain Elevator map I came under deadly attack by a Panzer II. I had placed a Maxim 24 meters up in the grain elevator building - the highest possible point. The Panzer II in the game maneuvered up to the building and from a distance of about two centimeters it blasted my maxim off the map.

In real life, the distance from the building would have been approximately 10 meters and given that the maxim was placed 24 meters above the Panzer II, it should not be possible for this vehicle to put my maxim in harms way from that position.

Is elevation something that can be corrected for in CC5? If so, it would make the mod even more interesting if this historical inaccuracy could be eliminated.

Last edited by MörserCarl on Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:14 am
    —
Good info, I'v never enen thought of that.... I dont think gun elevation is modelled in the game tho..

#3:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:54 am
    —
Quote:
I dont think gun elevation is modelled in the game tho

yep, mooxe,

it isn't.

#4:  Author: caribaceyLocation: St Martin, Caribbean PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:07 pm
    —
During the battles in built up areas, street fighting, tanks could not fire higher that the second level of a building, generally. The anti-tank boys had an easy shot from higher levels, where the tanks main gun could not reach.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1