Der Kessel monthly news: January 2006
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

#1: Der Kessel monthly news: January 2006 Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:04 pm
    —
Hi all,

Now that it is 100% sure that the mod will go to the end, I have decided to make open in the forum a monthly review about the development of the game. I would like, if possible, to make it interactive. And if some of you have skills in helping the mod, don't hesitate to join the Kessel team: you will be welcome.

So, what happened in january?

1) 4 maps have been coded (perhaps a fifth one will follow before january 31th, but I am not sure), which is quite a high rate. Now, 24 maps are finished and fully playable (all have been tested both as individual battles or in operations). I have one map being sent to a CC fan who promised to code it as soon as he can. And perhaps an other CC player could help to finish the job before the release.

2) OK, the release...... At the current rate of finishing maps, and taking in consideration the time which will be used for testing the mod, I am quite confident to be able to release the mod end of 2006. Everything will depend about the help I will find in the CC community...

3) Sounds/voices are OK and more or less finished. Can be improved if necessary very quickly. Not a problem.. THe current sound/voices is, in my opinion, good.

4) Graphics. THe main black sheep here are the tank graphics. Pz IV, III, StuG's are OK, but I am still really not happy with the soviet vehicles and the remaining German ones. If someone can help here, you are welcome!

5) Datas. They are improved following my testing battles..... They have been really improved recently but still need some adjustments. This is really a tricky task to make the weapons, tanks armour and guns as they were in reality. Today, it is not bad, but still needs some improving (Don't think that in Der Kessel you will kill all the guns in 30 seconds with your mortars, guys...)

6) Music. The music is OK.

THat's all, folks. I need your feedback and your help.

See younext month with, I hope,good news.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

#2:  Author: HistoryTeachesLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:04 pm
    —
thanks for the update
maybe Dima could help you with some soviet tank graphics from Stalingrad?

#3:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:00 pm
    —
Sounds good Pzjager, if you tell me what you want I could give a go at coding a map.

#4:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:56 am
    —
Good news indeed.
I look forward to someday playing your mod more than any other I have seen.Must be the snow maps that got me hooked.

Unfortunatly I can not help as I have no modding skills what so ever.
I have been trying to learn Photoshop but it is a very slow pace.

#5:  Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:47 pm
    —
How small are you able to compress a jpeg of your maps? If you can get it to about 1.5 meg that'll probably still be sufficeint quality to code. if you can get one to that size PM me for my email and i'll have a crack at coding.

#6:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:28 am
    —
Check your Mailbox.
Many thanks for your support
Panzerjäger

#7:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:16 pm
    —
Hi all,

Today is january 31th, the last day of the month.
I have been successful to finish the coding of the map called Baburkin today!
So, 5 maps have been finished this month, for a total of now 25, namely:

Krugliakov
Baburkin
Tundutova
Gromoslavski
Sarpa Lake.

Pics of these maps are available on the Combat Camera.

I am happy as well to announce that at least 3 CC fans have offered me help for coding the maps 26, 27 and 28 (29: Selivanov will be for me and I did not offered me a gift - CC mapmakers will understand why when having a look at this map on the Combat Camera...)

See you next month for February Kessel news, hoping that 30 maps will be available....

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1