CC alternatives
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: CC alternatives Author: gravyface PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:07 am
    —
Don't get me wrong, I love CC, and all the mods keep me playing years later. But I'm wondering whats out there that compares to CC for playability, challenge, realism, etc. and thats at the tactical/squad-level?

I'm kind of out of the loop for new(er) games so I'd like to hear what the CC fans are playing.

#2:  Author: GS_v_WitzlebenLocation: Spessart / Germany PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:40 am
    —
Hi, i think there is no real alternative, soldiers;suddenstrike;blitzkrieg;panzers all suck!

i like to play civilisation 4, and all paradox games:hearts of iron, victoria, crusader kings!

#3:  Author: AA_WeeFunkLocation: falkenberg, Sweden PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:49 am
    —
you cant ay that Blitzkrieg sucks, but the rest most certanitly do, axis and allies is also a sucky game

#4:  Author: AA_WeeFunkLocation: falkenberg, Sweden PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:58 am
    —
BTW soldiers: Heroes of world war II is a really cool game, You caan steer your own tanks some bugs do. tanks are easily killed by at weapons like PTRD bazooka panzerfausts even granades, Whit tanks you can shoot up to 20 AP and several HE rounds ona light tank as panzer III before it would be destroyed notice theen thah i fired from a T34

#5: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:41 pm
    —
my other game apart from cc5 is work

#6:  Author: omni_PL PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:05 pm
    —
And what about GI combat and squad assault? Could they be compared to CC, or are they worse?

#7:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:43 am
    —
omni,

have a look at my other games page and read my comments.

GIC and EYSA are CC in 3D but it doesn't give you the same feeling as CC.

#8: i like to play Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:58 am
    —
close combat (1)
close combat II a bridge to far
closecombat III the russian front(for many years)
close combat IV battle of the bulge
close combat V invasion normandy(for almost 3 years now)
return to baghdad(o so briefly)
closecombat marine3(short time, and looking to the future!)
close combat first to fight(again briefly)

um, er...thats about it i think, before that it was KKnD and cannon fodder(old ones with good memories for obscure games)

close combat for ever...of till the divorce comes and takes my PC's

#9:  Author: dacman82Location: Perth, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:49 am
    —
battlefield 2 and call of duty two are games id reccommend. cod especially has stunning graphics, some parts as intense as saving pvt ryan. i spend quite a bit on other games$$$ but in the end none of them have the same strategy that u get fromm cc. im especially hanging out for the market garden remake. abtf was the best game of the series but SO DATED!

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1