Tracked Vehicles
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Tracked Vehicles Author: C_Sgt_J_Manock PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:40 pm
    —
Does anyone have any techniques for the use of tracked vehicles.... I find them pretty useless as they are so susceptible to mortar and small arms fire. I usually take troops instead if given choice as I find that they are taken out of battles too early and can add to poor morale disbandment.

#2:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:38 pm
    —
Half tracks are generally something I don't bring unless a situation calls for it. However, I still bring them on occassion, and if used the right way, they can save your ass.

For example: If you have to make a mad dash across one of those big GJS maps to get an exit VL, nothing will give your opponents more fits than if you charge 1 or 2 or 3 halfys across the battlefield - forcing your opponent to change directions or displace troops.

Mortar half tracks are nice because they carry more rounds, though shoot slower, and can be used to cover an important location in a pinch.

Halfys with an ATG/ATR are nice to force fire on buildings at a distance.

I also will run a half track out in hopes of exposing enemy ATG positions. You will probably loose it, but if you kill the ATG, you've won out.

Half tracks are lacking in CC simply because you can't carry troops in them - their original function.

#3:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:33 pm
    —
Halftracks and trucks in Stalingrad are very susceptible to rifle fire. Keep them wayyyyy back. Think of the trucks as your personal vehicle... would an SMG or rifleshot pass through it? Oh yeah.

#4:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:50 am
    —
Quote:
Half tracks are lacking in CC simply because you can't carry troops in them - their original function.

not hard to do actually Razz.

But i doubt u'd like to be inside carrier under small-arms fire, not to speak about AT weapons.

#5:  Author: slems PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:50 pm
    —
Dima wrote:
not hard to do actually Razz.

But i doubt u'd like to be inside carrier under small-arms fire, not to speak about AT weapons.

for quick moves it would be nice... don't care small arms or atg at medium range... to run into town, may be on foot is better, unless on a mod like meuse, river crossing would be better than actually Wink

#6:  Author: GS_v_WitzlebenLocation: Spessart / Germany PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:05 am
    —
on CCMarines it is possible to carry troops.

#7: An idea Author: sobibor PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:15 am
    —
Is it possible to use the files and maps from a CC5 Mod in CC5 road to bagdad in order to carry troops in halftracks and dig in troops? or using CC5 RTB like base of a MOD?

#8:  Author: AA_WeeFunkLocation: falkenberg, Sweden PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:09 pm
    —
ive use my halftracks as close support to infantry and it works just fine maybe because of my rapid movement across maps dunno but it works for me hardly ever losses any if i dont meet any tanks or AT infantry

Which side have the best Halftracks?

#9:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:07 am
    —
i love to use armored vehicle even though i usually lose most of them. Very Happy:tank :tank2

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1