Expected Battlegroups
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

#1: Expected Battlegroups Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:40 pm
    —
Hey guys. after a bit of discussion dima and me came to the conclusion this might be the best set of battlegroups;

Axis Forces:

70th Inf Div:
Grenadier Rgt 1018
Grenadier Rgt 1019
Grenadier Rgt 1020

64th Inf Div:
Grenadier Rgt 1037
Grenadier Rgt 1038
Grenadier Rgt 1039

346th Inf Div
KG Rossbach
KG Lange

KG Chill
Kg von der Heydte
Kg Dreyer

Allied Forces:

2nd Can Inf Div:
4th Inf Bde
5th Inf Bde
6th Inf Bde

3nd Can Inf Div:
7th Inf Bde
8th Inf Bde
9th Inf Bde

4th Special Service Bde:
No. 4 Commando
No. 41 Commando
No. 47 Commando

52 (lowland) Inf Div:
155 Inf Bde
156 Inf Bde
157 Inf Bde

#2:  Author: Pzt_Megadeth PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:39 pm
    —
what about 48 Commando that landed at westkapelle on Nov1st?

#3:  Author: Pzt_Megadeth PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:41 pm
    —
Number 10 Commando (inter-allied)?

#4:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:21 pm
    —
are any of these tank divisions? Confused

#5:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:44 pm
    —
Pzt_Megadeth wrote:
what about 48 Commando that landed at westkapelle on Nov1st?

The 48 and 47 landed on the same beach. the 48th attacked zoutelande and the 47th breached trough their positions so i made the choice to take the 47th Wink concerning 10 IA commando. i know both french and norwegian forces where in the region and also some members of the dutch rmc maybe dima could attach them to 41st an 47th

cheers buck

#6:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:50 pm
    —
king_tiger_tank wrote:
are any of these tank divisions? Confused

Both 2nd and 3rd canadian inf division had a large amount of armour. on german side the 280 stug bde added some armour to the troops fighting in brabant.

cheers buck

#7:  Author: Pzt_Megadeth PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:16 pm
    —
I am assuming you have access to the Official History of the Canadian Army in the Second WW Vol. III "The Victory Campaign" Operations in North Western Europe by Col Stacey, in particular pages 392 - 421 pertaining to the Battle of the Sheldt.

#8:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:19 pm
    —
Pzt_Megadeth wrote:
I am assuming you have access to the Official History of the Canadian Army in the Second WW Vol. III "The Victory Campaign" Operations in North Western Europe by Col Stacey, in particular pages 392 - 421 pertaining to the Battle of the Sheldt.

No i dont have that one. i heard about it but its not for sale anywhere....

cheers buck

#9:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:04 pm
    —
oh... ok for a second i thought it would be infantry war.

#10:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:12 pm
    —
king_tiger_tank wrote:
oh... ok for a second i thought it would be infantry war.

Maybe this will disappoint you for a bit. but the main idea is to make an infantry mod of it. as the canadians had only a small force of tanks available to their infantry regiments fighting the battle's mainly shermans and m10's played a role supporting the inf troops. also 79th armored supported the landing commandos at west kapelle and vlissingen.

Cheers buck

#11:  Author: KOR7 PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:40 am
    —
What about 1st polish armouded division?

#12:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:16 pm
    —
Hey KOR7,

I've investigated their role in the fightings. including them in the mod would cause me to have a time line from late september until early november... wich would be far to long so i chose to start the mod in mid october wich doesnt include the poles in to the mod... i'm sorry

Cheers Buck

#13:  Author: KOR7 PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:56 pm
    —
Thnx 4 reply B_C,i follow mod creating, and i saw on the map 1 PL arm div, that is the reason i catch you (i'm from poland), great job about, beautiful maps and i cant wait to try your mod. I know that there is a lot of work with making it.
Cheers and good luck from polish CC comunity

#14:  Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:38 pm
    —
Quote:
i know both french and norwegian forces where in the region and also some members of the dutch rmc maybe dima could attach them to 41st an 47th

I think you will find the 10 (Inter Allied) Commando fought split during this operation, indeed you are right that the Norwegians (No5 troop) were with the RM Commandos at Westkapelle, also present were No4 Belgian troop.

The French troops Nos 1 & 8, were in fact with 4 Army Commando futher South in the attack at Flushing.

Note:-a Commando troop was roughly of company strenght approx. 100 men

Good Luck with your mod Smile

Cheers
Ronson

#15:  Author: Roeslan PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:06 pm
    —
What about 1st polish armouded division?

I would like to thank the Polish people for their liberation of that part of Flanders in 1944.

Greetings

David

#16:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:53 pm
    —
Hey Roelsan,

at the moment the 1st polish AD isnt with in the time and location frame of the mod Wink it might be included if the cc5 rerelease gives me the space for doing such a thing. at this moment the focus is only on the 4th special sevice Bde 52nd lowland div and the candian 2nd and 3rd ID and 4th AD. so i'm sorry it isnt in the game

Cheers Buck

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1