Hosting/Rouers /port forwarding ,, need help
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Hosting/Rouers /port forwarding ,, need help Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:04 pm
    —
Hi everyone!

To my joy I played a few games of CC Stalingrad on GS and am enjoying the feeling of online games.
HOWEVER:
I have been through the guide above (sticky from Mooxe) and have opened all the ports needed, I have even added CC to my windows firwall exeptions list (even tho that firewall is off..).

As said- Joining a game is of no problem, its hosting one that I fail to achieve.

I have a adsl connection (spoofed) going thru a Topcom broadband router. I have accesed both the adsl modem and router- DHCP is on- and for the life of me i cant figure out why its not working...

The topcom router is a tad old really (tho still works a treat), so maybe thats the problem.. I dont know..

Any help would be much appriciated!

PS: I noticed that im not he only one wih this problem- there were at least 3 others with same prob on GS.

#2:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:43 pm
    —
Have you open the ports for GS to host?

http://support.gamespy.com/article.aspx?id=10393&cNode=4O3M6C

#3: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:13 pm
    —
yes cc5 and gamespy exe must be oked in ur anti virus as well
also firewall must be turned on.
as the ports ur opening are for the firewall.

#4:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:32 pm
    —
well ive opened up a bunch of exra ports for the gamespy side.. trying to test it now.

Dont know about turning on windows firewall- I have forwarded all the ports in my router,and that usually does the trick.

anyone around to help me test?

:tank :death2 :tank2

#5:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:26 pm
    —
1st thing you have to accomplish is figure out whats stopping you from hosting...... try this...

1. Try hosting a game with no hardware or software firewalls, no spam blockers, virus scanner....NO NOTHING running in the background....try and host..... if that works....

2. Turn on your virus scanner, if you can still host....

3. Turn on your anti spy-spamware software, if you can still host....

4. Turn on your firewall.... now if you cant host, you know whats blocking you.

As you can see you have to trouble shoot each piece of the puzzle. Opening up ports when you dont know what 3rd party software you have running can be useless.

Since mostly everyone has a different setup on thier PC is near impossible to help anyone further from what I have said here in this post and with the post above pointing you to router configurations. You have to employ logical troubleshooting steps.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1