CC5 mod recommendations for a newbie?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: CC5 mod recommendations for a newbie? Author: redsea PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:08 am
    —
Hey all, just found this site.

I've been enjoying the CC series for many years now, and although I'm not necessarily a hardcore gamer they've brought me countless hours of enjoyment. I've currently got CC5 and had no idea there were this many additional campaigns!

Which ones would you guys recommend as the best? I'm especially intrigued by Stalingrad, any North Africa ones, and the Soviet/Finn campaigns, but would like to hear about any other standouts too. Wish I had the time to try them all out, but it just ain't in the cards, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2: Re: CC5 mod recommendations for a newbie? Author: robgLocation: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:11 am
    —
redsea wrote:
Hey all, just found this site.

I've been enjoying the CC series for many years now, and although I'm not necessarily a hardcore gamer they've brought me countless hours of enjoyment. I've currently got CC5 and had no idea there were this many additional campaigns!

Which ones would you guys recommend as the best? I'm especially intrigued by Stalingrad, any North Africa ones, and the Soviet/Finn campaigns, but would like to hear about any other standouts too. Wish I had the time to try them all out, but it just ain't in the cards, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi redsea,

All the mods are exelent works, certanly you will have a lot of fun with any of them.
I recomend you first to try the "classic" GJS.
After that, and I always tell the guys here, try the battle of berlin.

Regards,
Rob

#3:  Author: GS_v_RichthofenLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:43 pm
    —
If you want battles in Citys and many Huge Buildings , try Stalingrad .

#4:  Author: redsea PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:21 pm
    —
Thanks for the references. I tried looking around on some websites and this forum for updates about the Afrika 40-41 mod (it seems like it's in limbo) but couldn't find anything definitive. Anyone know about this? Aaand... I noticed some sound mods for the original campaign, is there a preferable one (just solid improvements across the board)?

Sorry about these basic-sounding questions... I did actually look around for answers Smile. I think it's mostly a result of so damn many options.

#5:  Author: Arg0nLocation: Slavonski Brod PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:53 pm
    —
Hey dude! I Reccomend RSR mod: it's a mod about a fictional conflict in Germany in 1989 between (surprise, surprise) WP and NATO. It has got everything from tank battles on open fields to close quaters combat. So if you're into modern warfare (T-80, Abrams tanks, TOW's and RPG's) I think this is a mod for you.
Cheers.
Arg0n.

#6:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:48 am
    —
balu wrote:
If you want battles in Citys and many Huge Buildings , try Stalingrad .
great idea pick this one Very Happy

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1