Stalingrad Question Center
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Stalingrad Question Center Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:39 pm
    —
Just a thread to help out us newcomers to Stalingrad Wink .

How do you vets start out a Campaign as the German vs the AI. Reading AARs helps some, but was looking for some more strategies. Do you go for
an all out attack, gradual attrition or slowly/cautiously? Do you try to help out the AI by changing its force requisition- give them more armor, or ATguns? Any and all comments/advice/strategies are appreciated.

#2:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:51 pm
    —
Great idea!

Maybe we can do some FAQ list according this thread Smile.

#3:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:05 pm
    —
Dima wrote:
Great idea!

Maybe we can do some FAQ list according this thread Smile.

Thanks, I'll probably form the same kind of thread for Utah since I just
downloaded that too Wink , soon as I get some decent questions.

#4:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:49 pm
    —
When I play GCs, no matter what mod it is theres a few tactics that I use, that everyone should really..

- Gain exit roads whenever and whereever possible. Some roads may not be strategically important during that game, but a few games down the they might be. Movement is key.

- In order of priority; Tanks, ATGs, InfGs, Mortars, Command teams, Support teams and all other infantry is how you should target enemy troops overall. Situation permitting ofcourse. Most GCs I have played tanks and ATGs were target #1 and once they were elimited, assaults got more fierce since opposition was less.

#5:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:09 pm
    —
I'm having problems with AT Inf and AT Rifle units to be effective, especially
the Russian ones Crying or Very sad . I am used to CC2 where the faust, schrecks, zooks
and piats can take out almost any armor unit. I'm getting black circles here regularly and can't figure out if they have to be real close or need flank/rear shots to work correctly.

What other infantry units, such as Command Units or Flame/explosive units
ARE able to take out tanks? Could you guys clear this up a bit?

#6:  Author: GS_v_RichthofenLocation: Germany PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:17 pm
    —
AT-Riffles are nearly useless against Tanks. If you're lucky they shoot a track down, before getting killed :death2
Maybe you can kill small Vehicles with them but most time they failed...

#7:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:38 pm
    —
Could someone make a small list of the special maps with minefields, strange terrain, difficult buildings to enter, impossible LOSes- that sort of stuff?

#8:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:00 pm
    —
that's the reason i pick tanks or bazooka teams only. they are the only thing that can destory tanks and armored vehicles.

#9:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:00 pm
    —
What screen resolution do you guys like to use?

How do you get the little German crosses over the units that I see in some
of the AARs?

#10:  Author: roonburg PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:57 am
    —
The crosses over units are the team info icons. You turn them on in the in game options menu and they can display anything the game keeps track off. Ammo, morale, cover, cohession.

#11:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:47 pm
    —
I usually play @ 1400x1050 on my notebook and @ 1280x1024 on my pc.

#12:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:26 pm
    —
So when you guys host a V V game from the TH ladder maps when do you
save the game? Immediately after picking map or at what point? What other procedures do you need to follow to keep from crashing?

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1