Utah Question Center
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Utah

#1: Utah Question Center Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:21 pm
    —
Questions from us newcomers to the Utah mod Wink .

I find that vs the AI, the 30 min timer is way too long and the 15 seems like
a mad vl rush most of the time. I know that in h2h these mad rushes get
alot of guys killed very quickly Shocked . I've noticed in several AARs that near
games end there are some rushes, but they seem to be more controlled than my AI games. What are some vet ideas on this subject? I hate to just
send some unit moving fast all over the map to soak up vls, but if you don't
the next battle on this map you may find enemy units behind you or packed
in some hard to approach area. ALL comments/suggestions/strategies and ideas welcomed.

#2:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:58 pm
    —
I don't advice u to play Utah vs AI as it was meant as truly H2H mod.

AI will act same way as in stock CC5. Same useless Smile .

Maybe one day i will make Vet mods for each side to play vs AI. Not in near future tho...

#3:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:36 am
    —
there are no set tactics for end rushing, it happens mostly when you know you wont be able to hold ground your aiming for, so you just run when there is little time left to be saved by the bell... probably happens more in ladder games than in gcs tho

#4:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:34 pm
    —
How many rounds do mortars carry in CC5 Utah? Mine seem to run out rather quickly. I do love the bigger explosions and sounds of mortar rounds
falling :Cool .

Do you vets like AT guns or Infantry AT units or both? I find that AT guns are great, but the hedgerows make los difficult except down roads or open
fields.

#5:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:49 pm
    —
You need a good combination of both. ATG's are great but can be destroyed easily once they've been spotted. Bringing some close assault infantry is a must, especially as the Germans against all that Allied armor.

#6:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:12 pm
    —
even though allied armor is fairly thin and can be penetrated from long distances.

#7: Re: Reinforcements Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:06 pm
    —
I'm playing H2H and it seems that I have unlimited reinforcement capability. In other words I can use the reinforce option multiple times with my BG's. I also noticed that my German opponent (can't remember BG) seems to have unlimited Stugs for his BG sith Stugs. His BG only shows limited number that he can field in a battle BUT even though I destroy them, he has them back in his BG again next time we fight. In fact, I've seen where his 2 Stugs survive and then next battle he has another 1-2 Stugs in the BG that he can add to the battle. Is this a bug or planned?

I don't necessarily have a problem with it and I can see some of the intelligence behind it if is planned that way. It just would be nice to know for planning purposes. Will this change in any way for 1.4??

Dima - Incidentally how is TRSM coming along? I heard that you were going to finish it before moving onto revising Utah.

#8:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:41 pm
    —
Kevin,

Sounds like after a battle you are pressing NEXT rather than COMMAND. use COMMAND after each battle and the losses sustained will be saved. To make it over the reinforcement bug, just keep track of which BGs you have already used it on.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Utah

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1