CC4 Winter War Plugin
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

#1: CC4 Winter War Plugin Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:44 am
    —
I have converted this mod to plugin. There will be 1 main plugin, 2 submods to strengthen either side for AI play and 1 file that must be unzipped to your windows/system folder..

Its basically done except for the maps..

Frzlake
Hamina
ilmen
Map4
Mnrhm1
Pulnimi
Raater1
ristini
VelLuki1
ViipuriW
Vuoksi
winter
baltic
hamina
3ponts
moscow1
moscow3
kharkov1
kharkov3

Moloch created an program to auto-convert all those maps to thier corrosponding CC4 maps. Nowhere does it say which maps these ones get converted to.

Does anyone know?

#2:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:23 am
    —
Hi Mooxe,

I don't know off the top of my head but could probably find out this weekend by looking at the index.mpi and viewing the files if you can wait till the weekend.

In the plugin do you have the two fixes I made with v1.2beta release?

CC4 - Fight for Viipuri mod v1.2 Beta

CHANGES FROM v1.1 - May 2005

1) Fixed T20 vehicle #14 wreck g250-8 didn't exist causing the game to crash (Vehicles.adb)
2) Fixed Map mrtlng.txt if you right clicked on the gun pit floor the game crashed (mrtlng.txt)

Tejszd

Viipuri_v1.2_Beta.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Viipuri_v1.2_Beta.zip
 Filesize:  22.66 KB
 Downloaded:  406 Time(s)

#3:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:00 am
    —
That would be great if you could take a look Tejszd. Ofcourse I will add the patch you made!

#4:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:23 am
    —
Here you go...

WinterWar = CC4 Map
Frzlake = Stavelot
Hamina = Hotton
ilmen = Mrtlng
Map4 = Champs
Mnrhm1 = Wardin
Pulnimi = Orthvll
Raater1 = Neffe
ristini = Morhet
VelLuki1 = Bastogne
ViipuriW = Manhay
Vuoksi = Smmrth
winter = Noville
baltic = LaRoche
3ponts = Hfflz
moscow1 = Eschsrsr
moscow3 = Echtrnch
kharkov1 = Wiltz
kharkov3 = Baugnez

#5:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:19 pm
    —
Great! Thanks Tejszd..... Plugin should be done this weekend I hope.

#6:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:12 pm
    —
No problem, glad I could help move it along....

#7:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:03 pm
    —
Man this is sooo cool.
Having this great mod in a plugin form is wayyyy over due.
Thank-You two very much.

#8:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:18 am
    —
Ok the plugin is done and tested. Install and uninstal work fine. Just hope I am not missing any files. I went through a dry run GC and played 1st battle, everything seemed to be in place. I will just make the vetmods now into plugin and it will be done 100%.

#9:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 am
    —
Ok its all done.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=90

Thank you Tejszd for the map info and Platoon_Michael for asking me to do it. If you guys, or anyone reading play the plugin version please let me know if theres any problems related to the plugin.

#10:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:17 pm
    —
I have the plugin and it installs with no problems.

But

Are there no Battles/Operations/Grand Campaigns for this mod?
When the game loads I still see all the original Battles/Operations/Grand Campaigns from CCIV?
I havent played this mod in eons so I dont know if they were ever created.

It is interesting to see that on the Scenario Editor screen the control of the diamonds and the roll over text dont alighn,I will have to go back and compaire it to the original.
Once I see whats going on I will fix it with the RTB Tool and make it available here.

#11:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:42 pm
    —
Yeap theres battle, I missed every last one of them. I'll add em.

#12:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:26 am
    —
I'm not sure what may be going on but when I choose to view map for the Battles I still see the original maps of the game,and when playing them they still have the original BTD's

#13:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:48 pm
    —
Remember CC4 Winter War had only 18 new maps so the majority of the maps will be the stock CC4 perviews/maps. But the BTD's should have all been updated I believe (I can't test till I get home from work)....

#14:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:30 pm
    —
Correct Tejszd,

But

My CCIV has been modded and has several of Ernie_M's maps plus a few from Grunt's map pack.
I do not have the ability at this time to go back to the original CCIV game?
And I do not wish to at this time,
I have still been beta testing the new strat map and have other needs to complete.

#15:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:26 am
    —
Ok the 2 GCs and 2 CCreq'd battles are in the plugin. I left all reg cc4 battles in there to. I double checked that the proper BTDs were installing and they were, what ya see is what you get!

#16:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:47 am
    —
Hello,
I was looking in the System/Packages folder and I think I see some problems that might be resulting with the BTD's and posibly the view map images (are those called ovm's?).

Look at how many files are listed for Bastogne,why are some called .org?

UO0593.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  229.27 KB
 Viewed:  7883 Time(s)

UO0593.jpg

#17:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:40 pm
    —
The plugin unzips all the mod files into that folder, I also made it backup all original files into that folder with the extension of .org. After you uninstall all .org files are removed.

#18: V-hex Author: jagd_jar1 PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:31 pm
    —
So it is normal to have Victory hexes in the GC say the original CC4 text name? For instance I started a GC as Finn and the first map has "Post Office' in the middle of the woods.
Do I need to fix something? It seems to be playing finew otherwise.

#19:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:18 pm
    —
When I uninstalled the latest version it left the BTD's from Winter War behind. Yet they werent displayed when the plugin was installed.

Ended up having to do a re-install of CCIV.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1