clearing minefields
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: clearing minefields Author: chocoleibniz PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:47 pm
    —
Hello,

I hope someone can help me out. I read somewhere, either on here or the CC manual, that pioneers can clear minefields by sneaking through them.

On Hill 120 map there are three massive minefields. I picked around 5-6 pionere units to clear a path for my armor but the next time I played the battle the overhead, long distance map, does not signify or show any less mines.

Do I take for granted they've been cleared? And if so how am I supposed to remember the paths my pioneres took?

Much obliged for any answers. I am too scared to move armor over them as I simply don't know if the mines have been dealt with or not.

#2:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:04 pm
    —
can you get mine clearing T-34? you can use those to detenate the mines and clear a path.

#3:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:15 pm
    —
Pioneers should be able to clear minefields, at least that's how they work in Reg and some other mods. You can see what they've cleared when you click out to the overview. The little red dots that represent the mindfiled change color (to grey I think). At least that's how I remember it Smile

#4: 50% Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:28 pm
    —
is the casualty rate for running through a mine field, as stated by my infantry orientated engineers officer when i was a sappa.
i picked up lots of mines, and laid more, australia is one of the few countries that dont use machines to lay mines, to dam expensive probably, ans easy to detect!
it takes a bloody long time to 'prod' open your left hand, stick a fibreglass prodder, or 7" bayonet between each finger, then move hand left and right your body width, then move it forward 1 palm distance, this is pain staking shit! as mines today can be 50mm diameter(2") 99% plastic,pressure or magnatic detonated. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A MINE THAT EXPLODES AFTER YOU STEP OFF LIKE IN THE MOVIES, NOT AMERICAN, GERMAN NADA! ITS TOTAL CRAP!
the M16 is my favourite, the"jumping jack" 1kilo(2 pound) of Steel case and 1/2 kg of TNT, you either tread on 3 pronged head, or trip OR cut(taught wire explodes on cut, loose wire explodes on trip) you hear a pop, if you have lightling reflexes you shout "mine" dive down and may survive, it jumps to approx 1M(3 foot) and explodes(wire detonation) i seen pictures of theighs striped to the bone, most cut in half, and can kill in a 10M radious, wound to 30M+. best part, you can daisy chain dozens or hundrens together....3 is normal, imagine trippin that? a platoon wiper...

germans where the masters, making wooden mines and booby trapping many, in vietnam 1 in 10 where booby traped by aussies, a hand grenade with no fuze usually(lift mine, BOOM).

but on the topic, all infantry survive mine fields crawling, i never noticed and engineer or pioneers picking them up, but hit the "-" sign on the left of screen, and you see green dots ad exploded mines, personally i shoot them out with main gun...its the sappa way, blow it up if you can! if its not bolted down, take it, if it is, unbolt it!

#5:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:01 pm
    —
chocoleibniz,

u should clear mines everytime u play the battle.
unfortunately result is not saved (can be mistaken tho Razz ).

Anyway check each time u play if they r red(=CLEAR) or green(=GO).

All units that have ENGINEER in description (name - description) can clear mines.

Quote:
can you get mine clearing T-34?

Soviet mining trawls were available since 1944.

#6:  Author: chocoleibniz PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:44 am
    —
thanks for the replies. Someone pointed out that as the map is a fixed picture and not a changeable feature it cannot depict cleared mines.

Oh well, I suppose next time I should directly follow the pioneers through the minfield.

#7: Re: clearing minefields Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:31 pm
    —
But don't sneaking units make it thru most of the time? Whether engineer or not.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1