Open topped Marder II and such vehicles..
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Open topped Marder II and such vehicles.. Author: cronus PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:19 am
    —
On an occasion last night in stadium map, I was leading an assult on a russian stronghold with two groups of panzergrenadiers and a MarderII for heavy fire support on the building. But I was very surprized when the things go wrong...

I've had supressing fire from the building at about 150meters. Instantly repulsed the fire with my one infantry group but I found that all the Marder crew is dead!

Fire was coming from the front and not above, I'm sure that they didn't use rifle bomb or antitank gun or tank rifle, crew died from the regular rifle fire.

With an armour plating front, how did it happen?

#2: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:19 am
    —
best ask ur opponent when u see him!

#3:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:09 pm
    —
marders (1-3) have thin thin armor so it would rather easy to defeat. they not the things you want on a battlefield :tank2

#4:  Author: cronus PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:42 am
    —
I don't think that the Marders are not potent weapons. With experienced crew and with good ambush conditions, they can be deadly weapons. I have a MarderII within a panzer battlegroup which knocked' out 2 KV1s..

I think small arms fire should not be able to penetrate the front armour of MarderII.

#5:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:47 pm
    —
no, but they can kill the gun crew on top if they sneak up from behind. thats why I never ever ever use any marders

#6:  Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:31 am
    —
king_tiger_tank wrote:
marders (1-3) have thin thin armor so it would rather easy to defeat. they not the things you want on a battlefield :tank2

thin armor yes but rifle /smg/Lmg CANNOT penetrate.

#7:  Author: Luft_Karabiner PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:32 pm
    —
tigercub wrote:
king_tiger_tank wrote:

thin armor yes but rifle /smg/Lmg CANNOT penetrate.

They can if 2 shots go in the same place.

#8: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:17 am
    —
dont even need 2 shots.
use a SVT rifle usually in the 3 man russian teams.
or SVM or MN
they all have a kill rating of 15 at all ranges. Sad
marder 2 has front armour of roughly 9mm rated at 13 in stalingrad.
so any of the above rifles can take on marder2 front on from any range up to 1 km from anywhere on map.

#9: Re: mmm Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:45 am
    —
ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
dont even need 2 shots.
or SVM or MN
so any of the above rifles can take on marder2 front on from any range up to 1 km from anywhere on map.
yes but this is the problem over rated rifles ...like to see 2 rifle shots in the same spot from a bolt action rifle. i was talking about the real war.

#10: Re: mmm Author: AT_kampf PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:10 pm
    —
ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
dont even need 2 shots.
or SVM or MN

yes i noticed this aswell

Quote:
tigercub
yes but this is the problem over rated rifles ...like to see 2 rifle shots in the same spot from a bolt action rifle. i was talking about the real war

if u want files for stal that are more to real life try Real Vlad sub mod
this guy has spent some good time getting data more realistic

hope this helps!

#11: Re: mmm Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:13 am
    —
AT_kampf wrote:
ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
dont even need 2 shots.
or SVM or MN

yes i noticed this aswell

Quote:
tigercub
yes but this is the problem over rated rifles ...like to see 2 rifle shots in the same spot from a bolt action rifle. i was talking about the real war

if u want files for stal that are more to real life try Real Vlad sub mod
this guy has spent some good time getting data more realistic

hope this helps!
i had been told about Real Vlad sub mod but it was not finnish! thanks for your help

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1