Turret alignment?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Turret alignment? Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:00 am
    —
Im having some troubles with tanks that start the game with turret facing correct way to front of vehicle.
But sometimes after action or movement the turret resets itself at about 45 % off angle,but thinks it is straight..i.e will fire straight but with turret facing 45% wrong way.
no amount of ambush or defend commands will rectify it in game once it happens.
is there some obvious clue to this im misssing?

#2:  Author: Piper_1 PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:56 pm
    —
Is this after you have made a new graphic? I had this it happenes when the Data inside the note pad does not match the right body of tank turret there might be 1 digit difference.
I.E.
am10td_norm_hull_elite.tex,14,23,14,23,1
am10td_norm_turr_but.tex,11,28,11,27,1
Hope this helps............Piper

#3: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:24 pm
    —
so ur saying am10td_norm_turr_but.tex,11,28,11,27,1
should be 11,28,11,28,1?
thanks in advance for info Piper

#4:  Author: Piper_1 PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:04 pm
    —
yep thats it hope it helps if you want a list of some other tanks i would be glad to E-Mail you with them.
one other thing if you want to test to see if you got the graphics right blow one of the tanks up and if the smoke comes from the right part of the turret then the alignment is central.......Piper

#5:  Author: MörserCarlLocation: Tokyo PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:47 am
    —
I encountered the same problem in a Stalingrad battle, i.e. the gun of my KV1 pointed in a wrong direction at roughly a 45 degrees angle, but mangaged to put round after round into the Germans that attacked from a direction minus 45 degrees from the gun's direction.

I asked Dima if this was something that could be corrected, but he wrote it was a known CCV bug. Knowing that Dima is a very skilled mod maker, I took his words as gospel.

#6:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:22 am
    —
yeah i have those probs too on reg. a big i mean BIG!!! disadvantage for me. it always happens against me especially against marders and stugs

#7: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:23 am
    —
yes please piper if u could email them to me
i have not had the chance to test ur theorey but i plan to this weekend,as i nothing to lose.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1