# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: What is the difference ? Author: Dfox PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:52 pm
    —
Hello all,

What is the difference between major and minor supply deports ? :what2

Thanks,

#2: Re: What is the difference ? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:27 am
    —
Dfox wrote:
Hello all,

What is the difference between major and minor supply deports ? :what2

Thanks,

not 100% sure anymore but I think the minor ones only provide half rations of ammo. think also there is a limit to the number of units that can draw from one supply dump, and less so from a smaller one.

bear in mind this is "best guess" and vague memories, my cc4 and 5 manuals went AWOL ages ago

#3: What is the difference ? Author: Dfox PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:05 am
    —
Thank you, southern_land !
You can download manuals from Closecombatseries.net Laughing
The problem is that I didn't find answer in these manuals :no2
And the information is critical for me...

#4:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:40 pm
    —
The manual is fubar

The big supply depots provide supply to any map with an uncontested path to that supply map.
The small supply depots only provide supply to a unit that is on that uncontested minor supply map.

Mind you that things vary from mod to mod, but generally speaking that's their functions.
Also note that in Stalingrad mod minor supply depots serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

#5: What is the difference ? Author: Dfox PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:24 pm
    —
Thanks Pzt_Wruff !

So I can set only one big deport on the whole map and it wiil provide full supply to all battlegroups with an uncontested path to that supply map. Is it correct ?

#6:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:12 am
    —
That is correct.

#7:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:24 pm
    —
hmm great info.
So i could set up an op with only 1 or 2 minor supply depots - and force players to move thier BG's there for a quick "fill up"...

Razz

#8:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:02 pm
    —
That's right. That's a good use for the minor depots. Placing one behind enemy lines for a cut off BG to get a quick fill up. A little island of hope behind enemy lines, or a remote area.
Depends on what you're looking for in your op design.

#9:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:08 am
    —
minor ones can't be stretched out very far i found that out the hard way. Very Happy

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1