Editing a saved game after crash
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Editing a saved game after crash Author: Puffy PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:54 pm
    —
HI all,

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I am unable to locate info on how to accomplish this.

A friend and I were playing a great GJS operation and of course right near the end of a critical battle the game crashed (as it often does).

We have a save point from the start of this particular map. I'd like to be able to load up that saved game and edit the vl ownership to reflect the status of the map right before the crash. Then we can load that editted game and it will be almost as through we never crashed at all.

Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks

Puffy

#2:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:04 pm
    —
Not it's not possible like that.

To make it u need to "edit" the file by replaying with your opponent and conquer the vl, the ground etc.. that it was done when game crashed...
You can decide with your opponent before redone the battle to make the casualties too... By just destroying some key units that was destroyed ( tanks was kaboum? well replace the tank in an open land, ordered to this tank to firing back of his position and let opponent destory it.... Inftry use this same way to kill what was kill ....
That's the only way to "rebuild" a game after a crash

#3:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:49 am
    —
As Zappi said... when u get to the stage where u are both happy then truce out.. your game will continue with correct data... but to ask a question concerning these crashes, does one person host all the time or do u swap it around occasionally ?

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1