Can anybody win with Hero difficulty ?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

#1: Can anybody win with Hero difficulty ? Author: Glote PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:36 am
    —
I just found my old CC2 and I'm imprest by the ennemy force when playing with Hero difficulty. I often only have ~5 groups and he hase 15 !
Either I'm a noob, either it's realy difficult.
What do you do in those cases (5 groups vs 15 groups) ?

Thx, glote.

#2:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:52 am
    —
Yeah but the computer is very very stupid. Razz

#3: Re: Can anybody win with Hero difficulty ? Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:50 pm
    —
Glote wrote:
I just found my old CC2 and I'm imprest by the ennemy force when playing with Hero difficulty. I often only have ~5 groups and he hase 15 !
Either I'm a noob, either it's realy difficult.
What do you do in those cases (5 groups vs 15 groups) ?

Thx, glote.

i did it on the demo multiple times. the AI is better than other CC games. use your 5 squads and ambush every tank, squad, gun ,motar that comes by.

#4:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:36 pm
    —
Probably a little of both, if your new to the game you will find it very hard at times. If you have only five units against 15 enemy units. Well hold tight, think about falling back, try and limit casulties, make sure the teams can support each other and hope for the best.

And if you want to learn fast go over to the tournment house (CC multiplayer and ladder) be prepared to lose for quite a while as over thier (its learn fast and die fast).

@Nomada_FireFox
When was the last time you played CCII, its said to have the best AI of all the CC games.

#5:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:04 pm
    —
yeah, CC2 is the next CC game i'm getting due to the AI and blowing up bridges.

#6:  Author: sample PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:39 am
    —
i've played british AB vs germans SS at arnhem road bridge several times with hero settings; the british held out but with heavy loses on both sides;

regards,
M.

#7:  Author: Glote PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:47 pm
    —
-->Nembo, I'll love to play CC2 online, I just need to know if I need to open any ports to play it, cause I know I can't play CC5 online cause I need to open some ports and I don't know my routers PW !
Thx for the hints.

glote.

#8:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:36 pm
    —
sample wrote:
i've played british AB vs germans SS at arnhem road bridge several times with hero settings; the british held out but with heavy loses on both sides;

regards,
M.

yeah i bet there would be very heavy losses on that. the SS are hardhitters and they fight to the death, that's why on CC5 i hate to face them.

#9:  Author: Glote PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:55 pm
    —
I might be wrong but I recently started taking mortars, and I found them realy good, on most CC when shoting a haus with a mortar the result is that the teams in it are supresed, but on CC2, the result is often death, am I wrong or are mortars better ?
I also often have the impression than to flank the ennemy is much more efficiant than in other CC gams, aigain, am I right or is it only my imagination ?

thx, glote. Smile

#10:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:20 pm
    —
I can't realy tell you, but I think the small map size (smallest of all the CC) has two play a large part. Also check what type of house your shooting at. A little wooden shed with a thin roof will not offer much protection, but a brick house with a tile roof will offer much better protection.

The people at the Tournament House(TH) might be able to help you with your router problems.

#11:  Author: rufus PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:34 pm
    —
hi,go here for your router problem http://www.tournamenthouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4673

#12:  Author: ScanC PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:55 pm
    —
It is hard but possible to win on hero settings.

But did anyone ever won a gc as allies (weak) vs german (very strong)?
=P

#13:  Author: Homba PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:56 am
    —
your router password is probably: admin
leave username blank.

the forum at T-House is down until July 1. When it opens back up, check the link given above for the tips on configuring your router to host and join games.

H

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1