Overlord - GERMANS ARE WEAK????
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Overlord - GERMANS ARE WEAK???? Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:01 pm
    —
playing a pulic GC of overlrod on gamespy, so if u see me give me a few games!!! Playing 20 min games line vs line morale off, its dday+ 4 and the germans are realing, allied tanks seem supper strong, I had a ff get shot at 50 meters by an 88 and it bounced off! turned the turret and blew the gun up.

I will try my best to finish the GC but its tough it get public players actually play in the begining cause the germans are weak.... are powerful german BGS coming???

Aikmen
second place is the first loser.

#2: aikmen Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:23 pm
    —
have a look in scenerio editor and you will see when the strong german BGs are coming. as far as the 88 and ff, i think the fly got lucky.

jb mac

#3:  Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:01 am
    —
good advice, by the way awesome mod!

#4: aikmen Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:41 am
    —
no prob, glad your enjoying it.

jb mac

#5:  Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:43 am
    —
yea.....

today i Finished day 10 and my advance has pretty much been stopped in its tracks by Chuini.... Im about two maps inside on the strat map everywhere and am fighting in abbay d'ardennes aswell. Which was awesome for day two, but now at the 10th im still fighting the same maps and not making much progress with my now depleted BGs. Command teams appear to be really valuable for both sides. I am fighting a battle of attrition everywhere!!

What will happen when the panthers come!!!!

dude way to go on this mod, classic.

Aikmen

#6: aikmen Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:36 pm
    —
your allies i gather. when the panthers and tigers come, it will be tougher for you of course. allied armor will not be much of a match for them. save your 25pdrs and 17pdrs for the big cats. pait can do some damage too them as well. also airstirkes can damage them and even knock them out.

glad you like it!

jb mac

#7:  Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:12 am
    —
Is the german flame thrower stronger than the allied version???

aikmen

#8: Is the german flame thrower stronger than the allied version Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:06 pm
    —
hmmm, dont think so...

jb mac

#9:  Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:33 am
    —
I started A GC as germans in this MOD and I just cannot go toe to toe VS alllied infantry. Those unlimited rifle grenades smoke the gerries; just smoke emm. The only thing that seems to work is light MG's.

Anyone else notice single allied teams running over fully supplied/ high morale GOOD german teams like they weren't even there???

#10: GC as germans Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:34 pm
    —
germans and allies have the same number of RGs. i think players are used to the german infantry rolling over the allies. i have designed the teams so they have very similar fire power. so you need to give some respect to the allied infantry. they are an even match for the germans. underestimate them and you will take heavy losses. allied rifle grenadier has 3 HE and 5 AT[which have much shorter range], german grenadier has the same #. grenadiers have 2 sets of rifle grenades, same as an allied rifle team. altho i am working on an upgrade for overlord, both sides will have less RGs.

jb mac

#11:  Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:20 am
    —
kudos on the respect issue; Keeping tight german units with overlapping fire and MG 42's!!! does keep allied infantry in check. Those mg's are awesome.

#12: Overlord Author: jockthesock PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:07 pm
    —
The Germans are weak. Had 2 heavy and 1 light mg42s firing into a house with one allied team, they just soaked it up. I've stopped using the mgs.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1