CC2-Afrika-Mod v2.0 released - 12 new maps and more...
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

#1: CC2-Afrika-Mod v2.0 released - 12 new maps and more... Author: MafiLocation: Germany PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:46 pm
    —
Hello to all CC2 gamers!

Official release of a new version: CC2-Afrika-Mod v2.0b

- 12 new maps, now all 51 maps are done for the CC2-Afrika mod,
- all ops are ready, based on historical acurate dates,
Sorry to say that campaign play is not working properly.
I think it depends on the fact that we are using the original
dates, and CC2 has only an internal timeline logic for 10 days.

- file Teams debugged,
- all LOS files updated (located inside CC2Afrika-BaseFiles.zip archive),
- 3 new boot camp entries added,
- updated SoldierColorPatch.exe by Nembo (thanks Nembo!),
- new PC sound file,
- Mac sound file debugged and new amusic file added,
- Terrain file got one new tree,
- VehS020, VehB020, VehS079, VehB079 debugged (Tiger, SturmFla),
- new OvData3,
- updated Gadget0, OvData0, Interface.cc2 and UI.

The mod has moved to a new website.

http://www.afrika.claranet.de/

Thanks to Nembo for last-minute support!

For those who have already an AfrikaMod installation:
- you do need only to dwnld the new files

For those who are new:
- start dwnld with CC2Afrika-BaseFiles.zip and read ReadMe first!

I hope you can enjoy it.

Mafi

#2: Re: CC2-Afrika-Mod v2.0 released - 12 new maps and more... Author: sample PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:50 pm
    —
It is a big event, like GJS for CC5; it's long time since a complete new cc2 mod was released, so Mafi, again, Great work !!!

#3: Mighty Mafi! lol Author: Nembo PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:08 pm
    —
You mean this is the first time, that a total mod has been done for CCII. Way to go Mafi.

#4:  Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:17 am
    —
Congrats Mafi!! Not sure how you find the time....mapmaking, modding, programming, etc.....hats off to you.

#5:  Author: CB_Recon PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:47 pm
    —
Hi mafi. Thanks for making a huge mod for CC2. Is there any chance of the campagin play being fixed? I would love to be able to play a new camp after all these years of blowing up bridges and repairing them Rolling Eyes

#6:  Author: BordicLocation: Gothic Line, Italy PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:47 pm
    —
Any possibility to have it in plug-in version, both the mod and the maps as it was made for Crete and Dieppe mods?

Please...

#7:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:56 pm
    —
I think one is in the works.

#8:  Author: BordicLocation: Gothic Line, Italy PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:34 pm
    —
Nembo wrote:
I think one is in the works.

Reconsidering the data transferring, the plug-in isn't the best solution.
It is better overwriting a duplicate of cc2 folder with the Afrika mod changes completely instead.

Yes, the all-in file has been done! Good! Very Happy

#9:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:08 pm
    —
Bordic, a plugin could of been created but some action on the players part would of been required before installing the plugin. This was the creation of about 40 new folders. So it was just easier to make a stand alone, pre configured package.

#10:  Author: BordicLocation: Gothic Line, Italy PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:02 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:
Bordic, a plugin could of been created but some action on the players part would of been required before installing the plugin. This was the creation of about 40 new folders. So it was just easier to make a stand alone, pre configured package.

Yes, I understand now, cc2 isn't so immediate as the other ccxs and the solution you have found is definitely the best!

#11:  Author: BordicLocation: Gothic Line, Italy PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:13 am
    —
Has the Afrika Mod.zip the (soldier color-) patched cc2.exe already?

#12: CC2 campaign modding Author: MafiLocation: Germany PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:56 am
    —
CB_Recon wrote:
. Is there any chance of the campagin play being fixed?

Not sure. Sorr yto say we dont know enough about the last cryptic numbers inside the campaign files. I think we have only one solution to get Great Campaign to work: bundling two years of war into a 10 days timeline. ???? I will think it over. In th emeantime I have to make something "new" for CC2 on a different "modding area".

#13:  Author: Homba PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:51 pm
    —
Thanks Mafi & Company. I have got to check this out.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1