Der Kessel: April news
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

#1: Der Kessel: April news Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:46 pm
    —
Hi to all;

Here comes the end of April, so it is time to make a short summary of what has been made this month:

- 3 new maps have been finished: Vassilieski (south of the stratmap, on the Mishkova River, will be played on during Wintergewitter Operation), Souchanov (between Don and Tschir) and Ostrovski (On the Don). The total of finished maps is now 34 (for a total of 44, for those of you who are not familiar with CC5 moding), with two maps being currently in coding process externally (once again, many thanks to these guys who really help) and one in coding process by me (the largest map of the game: Verkh-Tschirskaya, on the crossriver between the Don, the Tschir and the Mishkova).
- I have been also working on tanks and guns graphics. All the tanks are now more or less finished, including the KV-1 which was not so easy.
- I have also choosen to reduce a little the size of the medium AT guns, so that it will be possible to place them into buildings (not in the stairs, if any!).
- I have also improved the sounds of some weapons, the ultimate goal being “one weapon, one sound”.
- The map “Vertiachy” has also been repainted and recoded, as I was not happy with some graphics (Vertiachy was one of the first maps I painted, a long long time ago…..).
- Improved some unit BGIcons, including the Katyusha, the Italian units (now available all in winter conditions) and the sMG34. Still looking, however, for some winter photos of soviets and Romanians. If someone could help with pictures not available on the web…
- Added some new weapons, including captured soviet weapons in the axis BG’s.
- Plus a lot of other modifications I even don’t remember…..

That’s all for now, folks.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

#2:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:17 pm
    —
Sweeeeeet Very Happy

Your in the home stretch now, PzJager, keep it up!

#3:  Author: Antifa PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:14 am
    —
Amazing -- oh boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is gonna be great! Thanks for all the work !! Razz

#4:  Author: HistoryTeachesLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:28 am
    —
makes me wanna play the mod even more Very Happy

#5:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:58 am
    —
:ok2

Quote:
I have also choosen to reduce a little the size of the medium AT guns, so that it will be possible to place them into buildings (not in the stairs, if any!).

u could just code them as lite guns Wink

#6:  Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:47 pm
    —
Every Month I eagerly await you news and read it with the anticipation of the great mod that you are making for us all to enjoy.

Many thanks to you as you inch closer towards the finishing post. I'm sure I speak not only for myself, but also for the silent majority of players in the community.

Well Done, keep up the good work.

#7:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:22 pm
    —
i like it when new mods come out. there's always somthing to do in my spare time (except xbox live, fighter ace 3.5, and others)

#8:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:09 am
    —
Dima wrote:
:ok2

Quote:
I have also choosen to reduce a little the size of the medium AT guns, so that it will be possible to place them into buildings (not in the stairs, if any!).

u could just code them as lite guns Wink

I agree, Dima, but I had to reduce the graphics anyway, as I did not want to have a part of the gun outside the house and the other part inside, which is graphically unacceptable.

And I remember that with very big guns, it is not possible to place them in buildings even coding them as Light guns.

#9:  Author: russ109 PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:44 am
    —
PzJager

Glad to see this mod is still progressing well!!

What size are your vehicles, standard CC5 or larger? If larger you could have used my KV1 from the Karelia 2 mod to save you time.

Looking forward to playing your mod, good luck.

#10:  Author: salhexe PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:45 pm
    —
I'm shocked for all this new mod sure one i prefer. I hope you make also a vet submod with little BG for human and large for AI Smile
Good work Wink

#11:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:15 am
    —
salhexe wrote:
I'm shocked for all this new mod sure one i prefer. I hope you make also a vet submod with little BG for human and large for AI Smile
Good work Wink

Yes

#12:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:17 am
    —
[quote="russ109"]

What size are your vehicles, standard CC5 or larger? If larger you could have used my KV1 from the Karelia 2 mod to save you time.

Quote]

They are intermediate.
I used your graphics as a starting point

Cheers
PJ

#13:  Author: cavallotLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:06 pm
    —
Hi Pzjager!
This time I am replying on the CCS site.
let us know what sort of picture you would like to get.
I have several book on WW2, and I could scan some pics you might need!
Cheers
Cavallot
:Cool

s002_0004 small.jpg
 Description:
Folgore!
 Filesize:  7.24 KB
 Viewed:  8582 Time(s)

s002_0004 small.jpg

#14:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:20 pm
    —
cavallot wrote:
Hi Pzjager!

let us know what sort of picture you would like to get.
I have several book on WW2, and I could scan some pics you might need!
Cheers
Cavallot
:Cool

Any winter pic is of interest.
If you have any, please send it to me.

And many thanks (officially, this time! ) for your contribution to the mod, Cavallot!

Cheers
PJ

#15:  Author: cavallotLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:27 am
    —
OK Pzjg!!!

I will go through my books and scan what i think can soothe you!
best regards!
Cavallot!

Wink

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1