Shrek range
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

#1: Shrek range Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:30 pm
    —
Anyone know the historical range of the shrek's? I had a firefly blow up last night to a 140 yard Shrek shot (and the shrek team was NOT elevated) - This suprised me -as I allways take a 100 yards as my "danger-range" messure.

A 140yards through high grass,damaged hedges and while under fire--- impressive stuff!

#2:  Author: God4SakenLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:29 pm
    —
G'day Poli, check out this website
http://www.inert-ord.net/atrkts/pschrek/
According to that, the pazershreck had an effective range of about 180m and could penetrate 160mm or armour. So maybe you should keep your tanks back a little further.

#3: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:01 pm
    —
this 180 metre range,is for soft targets like houses,atg,infantry or if really lucky
maybe an arm car/light tank.
they use to use piats at up to 220metres range to do the same job,which they were incredibly effective at.enemy never heard it coming.

#4:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:02 pm
    —
ye gods!!

180 meters! best to double my distance --YIKES

them shreks have cost me far to many shermans Confused

#5:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:05 pm
    —
@ lord4war

220meters for a Piat? wow.
In game i can never make the damn things fire at anything more than 60m away..

I have to try that on some "soft targets"

#6: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:07 pm
    —
think in 4.4 they dropped shrek distance from 180 to 145metres.
that lets ur tanks support ur inf 35 metres closer Smile
every metre helps Smile

#7:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:54 pm
    —
yeah but rockets have the rise when launched and fall down. most importantly though is that sherman's (all types) have thin armor (and when i mean thin i mean thin) if your close enough with a high powered gun, the bullet, shell, etc. could go through.

#8: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:12 am
    —
@ Poli i doubt u could fire piat more than 90metres in gjs
gjs is game
i was referring how real life piats were used sometimes,as were panzershreks.

@kingtiger tank of course if ur close enuff...that the case with any weapon!

#9: shrecks Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:30 am
    —
do have a range of 1kilometer, it could be used against non moving targets like ATGs at this range, its as effective as at 50M, cause it used a charge, not velocity to penetrate.
it was recomended in the manual, from memory, to not engage moving targets over 300M, and moving before 180M. CC limits its range massively for playability. its as effective well manned as a atg.

fired its cousin, the karl goustov 84mm, fuck me my ears rang for hours....

#10:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:56 am
    —
the piat was used like a mortar as well, obviouslly any shot over 80 yards was a lucky hit

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1