m10's
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: m10's Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:03 pm
    —
are m10s more powerful in overlord? I just had one take out an 88, a command mark1v and a tiger..... crazy!!

Aikmen

#2: m10 Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:54 pm
    —
yes it is better than the gjs44 or regcc5s m10. i increased armor some, to a shermans, and the 3" gun packs a bit more power.

jb mac

#3:  Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:04 am
    —
cool thanks dude.

Aikmen

#4: m10 Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:16 pm
    —
no probs mate, you need to give the m10 a little respect now, eh? Smile

jb mac

#5:  Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:37 pm
    —
Just waiting to see how they do against panthers! Smile

Aikmen

#6: i think Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:15 am
    —
i think most tanks are stronger in that mod, the hedgerow crossing also add to there aggressiveness to me.
overlord can be daunghting, i had 2 76mm russian guns v some 10 shermans, in 75mm,17LB and flamers...most unpleasent ending for me....

#7: i think most tanks are stronger in that mod Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:26 pm
    —
i did strengthen all tanks, allied and german. not really with armor settings, but increased integrity a little.
true, it is hard for the germans at the beginning of the GC. you may need to have some limits on tanks, if your opponent is coming at you with so many of them.
yet, the allies did capture all the beaches and pegasus bridge, etc, on d-day.
on d day the germans on the beaches were overwhelmed.
germans need to try and hold on, and get their strong BGs to the coast as fast as possible. you may need to pull back some to avoid being forced off the field.

reguards, jb mac

#8:  Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:22 pm
    —
I have to agree with u 100 % capt, the beech maps can and will be owned in the first day in overlord, but as the german commander if u can be very cautious and play a purely defensive role for a good many days I think the Allies can be stopped.... Have u seen those STURMS take out shermans??? I had one sturm take two side shots from command sherman turn and shoot KABAM@#!@!

German guns seem to be very week however were they changed too?

Aik

#9: German guns seem to be very week however were they changed t Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:41 am
    —
the stug is better armored than a sherman, and the 75mm gun on the stug is better than the 75mm of a sherman. but, sounds like the stug got a bit lucky. depends alot on the range as well, and crew. you now how it is, your really just rolling dice, strange things happen all the time in cc.

i did not reduce the effectiveness of any german guns. the 76mm r, is not as good as a pak75mm, it this way in gjs44 also. allied and german AT guns may be a bit less effective, as the tanks integrity has been increased.

the german bgs guarding the beaches need to very careful and clever with the AT guns, and any AT weapons they have, because they do not have a large number of them.
just try and hold best you can, or fall back to better defencive positions if needed.

jb mac

#10:  Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:14 pm
    —
I suppose it is the integrity increase in the tanks cause many of times my tanks get hit by a hidden GUN, then KABOOM the gun goes up in smoke! (every time i count him dead in GJS!) Not that im complaining.... GO TOMMIES!

Aik

#11: KABOOM Author: Cpt_JB_MacLocation: saint john new brunswick, canada PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:07 pm
    —
yes, one direct hit on a gun will destroy it. i think that is realistic.

jb mac

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1