Poland '39 mod
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

#1: Poland '39 mod Author: morris215 PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:39 am
    —
Its been a while since I've fired up the ol'close combat machine but for the life of me I CANNOT get the Poland '39 mod to work! I have the .pln file and when I use it the music and units are correct but the battles, maps and campaigns are the original version...

help!

#2:  Author: Ubaew PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:41 pm
    —
Try campaigns:"Ravaging the Bear" and "Hammer and Anvil". Should be ok Wink

#3:  Author: morris215 PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:32 pm
    —
Ubaew wrote:
Try campaigns:"Ravaging the Bear" and "Hammer and Anvil". Should be ok Wink

nope..still regular CC3 with new music and units...

#4:  Author: Ubaew PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:54 pm
    —
Did you add new maps? If yes, I don`t understand what is wrong...

#5:  Author: morris215 PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:04 pm
    —
Ubaew wrote:
Did you add new maps? If yes, I don`t understand what is wrong...

yeah..its odd, all the maps are in the right folder and everything..
guess I'll dig around more later.. seemed like an interesting mod.

thanks for the help

#6: Having the same problem in Vietnam... Author: SJPONeillLocation: Near the Spiral, NZ PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:25 pm
    —
...just returned to the CC world after a long absence...loaded up a fresh install of CC3, patched it to 3.0b and downloaded the Vietnam plugin and map files - found a handy thread here that explained this whole new pln thing so installed the config manager BUT...

when i install the Vietnam plugin, the main screen music, dates all change to the Vietnam ones but the scenarios, battles, etc and the maps are the original Russian Front ones. Have tried unzipping all the Vietnam maps direct into the map folder with no joy and the config manager won't let me install the plugin and maps from the zip file at the same time.

After waiting so long to get back into CC-Vietnam, it is so damn frustrating being so close yet so far...any tips for newbies from the maestros...?

#7:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:41 am
    —
Poland '39

Hammer and Anvil

ravaging the Bear

are in the attached plugin to install

Vietnam does not come with a campaign.

I'll try and find one for you

poland_camp..zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  poland_camp..zip
 Filesize:  37.81 KB
 Downloaded:  686 Time(s)

#8:  Author: Ubaew PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:54 am
    —
here you have some scenarious: http://www.wargamer.com/Hosted/CloseCombatVietnam/cc3bat.htm

#9: Time traveling Tiger in Poland 1939 Author: AudieMurphy PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:35 pm
    —
When fighting for the city in Ravaging the Bear campaign, 3rd map from the beginning, my German platoon bumped into a damaged box shaped tank with mega thick armor and 8,8 cannon, in sand color (we still use Panzer Grey in 1939). Neither we nor Poland have such tanks. Nobody in the world does... a guest from the future?

I love the mod and the authors should not see this as criticism, just a small fix of something natural if converting CC3 Eastern Front into a 1939 Fall Weiss mod.

#10:  Author: Bellator PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:29 pm
    —
I have similar problem as morris215. Namely when I try too launch campaigns Ravaging the Bear or Hammer and Anvil, suddenly there is an error:

It doesn't matter what I clisk: ok or anuluj (cancel), I have the same error (next I click ok or cancel) and at the end another error:

I have maps for this mod, first I installed Poland'39.pln, then Poland'39GC.pln
My OS is Vista 32. Original game is working without any problems.

Maybe it's because I can't install 0.3b patch (another error. I could describe it if it ise necessary). Could someone help me?

#11:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:33 pm
    —
check that the embank2 map is in your maps folder.

The error message says it is missing.

#12: Re: Poland '39 mod Author: sparty72 PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:10 pm
    —
Hi all, i find myself having the same problem as the above poster but 1...the embank2.mmm map is indeed in the folder..corrupted possibly?..hope not...running on Vista 32, ANY help gtreatly appreciated!

best Regards

Sparty

#13: Re: Poland '39 mod Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:23 pm
    —
Here is a link to Embank2

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CloseCombatCrossOfIron/maps/Maps_E/embank2.zip

unzip it to your maps folder.

#14: Re: Poland '39 mod Author: sparty72 PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:29 pm
    —
WOW! Smile that was quick..cheers bud! Smile..many many thanks

Mark..( Sparty)

#15: Re: Poland '39 mod Author: sparty72 PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:29 am
    —
Morning all, sorry to say im still getting the same type of error but this time not embank.mmm after installing the new zip but mag.mmm...which suggests to me a corrupted download Sad..oh welll !  thanks for the help guys...ill try get the maps again and see if it makes a difference!

Best regards and thanks, Mark

#16: Re: Poland '39 mod Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:50 am
    —
yeh, sounds like a corrupt DL

here is mag

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CloseCombatCrossOfIron/maps/Maps_M/Mag.zip

here is an alternate Poland mappack

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/maps/poland39mp.zip

#17: Re: Poland '39 mod Author: zoober PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:09 pm
    —
Just installed this mod and downloaded the GC and mappack from this thread but as I can see the 3 first maps from GC are not changed at all Confused Is this yet another half-made mod ffs?

#18: Re: Poland '39 mod Author: thumb PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:15 am
    —
zoober wrote (View Post):
Just installed this mod and downloaded the GC and mappack from this thread but as I can see the 3 first maps from GC are not changed at all Confused Is this yet another half-made mod ffs?
The first 3 maps are Lvov1, 2 & 3. In 1939 Lvov (Lwow) was in Poland. Post-war it became part of the eastern Ukraine.

#19: Re: Poland '39 mod Author: zoober PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:07 am
    —
I know Lvov was a part of Poland in '39 but it's not the point. The German's invasion of Poland didn't start from attacking Lvov, or did it? Anyway, I finished 1st op of GC hoping that next one will bring me some new exciting maps but unfortunately 2nd op is Road to Moscow with all generic CC3 maps Crying or Very sad

So I'd have a question for those who completed GC of this mod - is it just playing Germans vs Poles on stock CC3 maps?

#20: Re: Poland '39 mod Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:44 am
    —
This mod works perfectly under CC3 and now works perfectly under COI.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2