Using the Bloody Omaha beta patch.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Using the Bloody Omaha beta patch. Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:36 pm
    —
Tejszd's patch for Bloody Omaha is meant for modifing an installed BO, either a seperate install or as installed through Configuration Manager for CC5. If you use Configuration Manager and change mods quite often, you may want to change the plugin files rather than the CC5 files.

This way, the patch will not have to be reapplied every time you uninstall and then reinstall the BO mod plugin.

Plugin users can use the patch by installing the .adb files to your Configuration Manager for CC5.

First, uninstall the BO mod. For a "temporary" fix, replace the Alteams, GEteams and Vehicle files in the Configuration Manager V\System\Packages\BloodyOmahav101 folder and then reinstall BO. This does not change the Plugin file.

To change the Plugin file, uninstall the BO Mod, either rename the Configuration Manager V\System\Packages\BloodyOmahav101 folder to OldBloodyOmahav101, or COPY the .ADB files as above. Then rename the Configuration Manager V\Plugins\BloodyOmahav101.pln file to BloodyOmahav101.zip.

Open the BloodyOmahav101.zip and replace the .ADB files and resave the archive. Rename the .zip file back to .pln. and reinstall BO.

Of course, the .LOS files still go in your CCV\Maps folder. Remember that there are two versions of the Isigny and StPierre maps, ones for the original CC5 and ones for Bloody Omaha. Ensure that you put the new .LOS files in the right place!

#2:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:55 pm
    —
as i am too Shocked to read this carefully, can u just tell me if the fire tracers exist thru this update from the Meuse mastermind?

#3:  Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:17 pm
    —
Hummm. 2 Team files and 1 vehicle file.
I'm seeing a big NO on that.

#4:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:20 pm
    —
It would be ideal if Meuse was just 1 plugin.

The simpler a mod is to install and use, the more people who will use it.

#5:  Author: fenderbender PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:06 pm
    —
I'm having a little trouble with the meuse mod. Can't f Evil or Very Mad g install it!
I've installed the maps and when i try to plug it in an error mess turns up. Saying cant copy the resource dll error=3. I don't no what to do.... Embarassed

Please help!!

#6:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:22 pm
    —
Please post any feedback on these fixes, and general game stability with them, and any other errors you know about....

#7:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:46 pm
    —
Please post any feedback on these fixes, and general game stability with them, and any other errors you know about....

#8:  Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:32 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:
It would be ideal if Meuse was just 1 plugin.

The simpler a mod is to install and use, the more people who will use it.

I'm inclined to disagree with you about the Meuse mod being in just one plugin. The "game" plugin is 50.2mb. That's a large download for a lot of people. The videos plugin is another 48.17mb. By putting the videos and music into the game plugin, that would make the download so large that fewer people would use it.

I don't use the intro videos or music on any CC game or mod. By having the choice of adding the videos or not, my configuration manager swaps out the mods much faster.

I think that having the video and music files as a seperate plugin for any mod is the best way that modders can get more people to download the mod and enjoy them.

#9:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:22 pm
    —
I didnt think of those actually....l I more or less mean any required mod files should be in 1 plugin file. Music and videos arent needed, so sure they could be separate.

edit...

I meant to say Bloody Omaha earlier not Meuse! As this is a BO thread....oops

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1