instal problems please help me!!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 El Alamein

#1: instal problems please help me!! Author: yokohomo PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:18 am
    —
hello
i am trying to instal the El Alamein mod for CC5 and have run in to a problem. maybe some kind soul out there could help me.

i have installed everything correct and as the install guide tells me. but when i reach the final leg of the guide with the configuration manager it tells me when i try to instal the mod thatit quot.......

"faild to copy C:/programfiles/SSI/Closecombat invasion normandy/CC5.exe to system/original/CC5.exe because C:/ programfiles/SSI/closecombat invasion normandy/CC5.exe does not exist".

whats the problem and how can i solve it? Please help me i realy would like to play these mods that looks fantastic.

Björnis

#2:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:26 am
    —
did you install CC5 into the default folder and drive? IF you have it in a different location the plugin-manager cant find it....

#3:  Author: yokohomo PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:04 pm
    —
yes ive instaled the game in its default folder. so no that cant be the problem. man i am realy getting pissed at this situation
thanks anyway, if you have any other suggestion of solving my problem i would be glad for the info mate.

björnis

#4:  Author: yokohomo PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:07 pm
    —
the path is C:/program/SSI/closecombat invasion normandy/

sohould i maybe put the original game directley in C://???? What do you think

#5:  Author: DAK_Von_ManteuffelLocation: Zaragoza (España) PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:53 pm
    —
this mod needs the disc

Regards

#6:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:12 pm
    —
hmm, If you are new to mod's and installing them I would suggest first to start with GJS 4.4 . Its stable, theres a good how to guide, and if you get it too run you'll find installing other mods easy too..

other than that I cant think of much advice..

#7:  Author: Gen_JackLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:15 am
    —
Hi yokohomo

I have not installed Al Elamein, but when you ise the plugin manager it makes a backup copy of the original files before it deletes the original files and installs the modified files. The error message you quoted is from the plugin manager trying to backup the original file but not finding it.

Possible causes are:

1. CC5 is installed to a folder other than C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy. If this is the case you will need to unistall and reinstall CC5 to that folder, and then try installing the mod;

2. You tried running the plugin manager once, and it did not finish running, but ran far enough to delete the CC5.exe file. If this happened you will need to uninstall and reinstall CC5 and then install the mod; or

3. The cc5.exe file got deleted accidentally prior to installing the mod. Unfortunately the solution is still to uninstall CC5, einstall it, and then install the mod.

Cheers,
Gen_Jack

#8:  Author: yokohomo PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:17 pm
    —
thanks lads!!

ill try all of your suggestions and i am very thankfull for your help. it good to see that there still is some good men on the web!!

Björnis

Close Combat Series -> CC5 El Alamein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1