Favorite Tank in GJS ?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

#1: Favorite Tank in GJS ? Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 pm
    —
most will choose german heavy tanks, yes there tough, but we all know that, i somehow Love the 'funny' tank series, flame thrower crocodiles,and AVRE's are just a delight in mass murder at close range.
ATG's, shrecks and tanks over 60M do murder them, but in bockage country, i love them, fireflys are hard notto pick if there there, but in most ccv type maps, if a avre and croc are there(not on beaches) ill enjoy trying to take on tigers and panthers, and howl with delight when i burn or blast those suckers to hade's....drowl.....

opinions?

ps. wish i still had indirect fire avre :O( to 150M be nice lol...

#2:  Author: YummydogLocation: Hong Kong PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:57 pm
    —
In 'funny' tank series, i like flame vehicle, shssssss.......then group screaming, haha Laughing

not often see corcodie Question

#3: Yee Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:37 pm
    —
AVRE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Its just awsome! Im not sure how many of my own men and tanks i have killed with friendly fire from a AVRE, they just rocks!

GJS, just as good as it gets!!

Stalky

PS: GJS a mod? Really?? I think of it as CC6

#4:  Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:49 pm
    —
gotta say AVRE aswell, it just defines mass killing!!

Aik

#5: we all dream Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:08 am
    —
yes gjs was like cc6 for me.

but cc6 will become a reality some day.

like the song says "don't know when, don't know where"

love the AVRE.

but for german tanks, gonna love the command VG panther dont you? i had 3 flys and a 6lb hitting one sideways, it smoked them all.....(was all under 200M) picked them off 1 at a time, as casual as can be. terrifying stuff.

now if i had a croc and avre sneak up its side flank that i had on it, i could of poped a fucken big HE near it, immob, then diversion opposite, then send in the burner boys...PSHHHHHHH..........PSHHHHHHHH......BOOM

#6: Ye Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:44 am
    —
If ever the remains (or whatever they call it) of Atomic do another CC, they just have to name it CC7!

Wink

Ye, Panther is ofcause a nasty tank...
I may have to express two views,
1. As a CC Commander I like the AVRE.
2. If I would have to shose to be in a tank in Normandy my self 1944, it would have been the Panther.

Stalky

#7:  Author: socratesLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:37 pm
    —
Although I've never used one as I always have force strength on "vet" those churchill crocodiles are great. The thought of infantry fleeing in terror or on fire makes me smile (sadistically). And those spigot mortars are devistating.

#8:  Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:54 am
    —
My most favourite thing is killing enemy heavy tanks with PIATs. Nothing is more demoralising for an opponent for the best weapon to be nailed by the crappiest. Smile

#9:  Author: Kavok PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:57 pm
    —
I'm not so sure about the AVRE - I prefer the Centaur!

#10:  Author: ellixaken PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:22 pm
    —
I'd like to prefer Panther G. In H2H games, my exchange rate is at least 1 to 3.

#11:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:20 pm
    —
Yap, Centaur would be my choice. It's powerful and also quicker with loading and moving... Twisted Evil

#12: Re: Favorite Tank in GJS ? Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:28 am
    —
yes piating a panther in the grass allways made me smile.. dont think ide like to try it for real tho

#13: Re: Favorite Tank in GJS ? Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:52 pm
    —
Carrying the PIAT was not a happy task being heavy and dangerous. A lot of accidents occurred with the PIAT and it was considered dangerous such that after the war although maintained as the primary anti-tank weapon for infantry it was very restricted in its issue.

#14: Re: Favorite Tank in GJS ? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:50 am
    —
Although I've had a few gloriously nerve-wracking PIAT kills, generally they suck.

Back to topic, Firefly tank for Allies obviously, the gun is the best. AVRE makes a great explosion but you have to almost park on the enemy victim to get a shot.

#15: Re: we all dream Author: flick PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:09 pm
    —
[quote="ANZAC_Tack";p="14006"]yes gjs was like cc6 for me.

but cc6 will become a reality some day.

like the song says "don't know when, don't know where"

love the AVRE.

but for german tanks, gonna love the command VG panther dont you? i had 3 flys and a 6lb hitting one sideways, it smoked them all.....(was all under 200M) picked them off 1 at a time, as casual as can be. terrifying stuff.

I take that sort of thing is very rare? Because a panther getting flank attacked by three FF's and an six pound ATG, should mean one dead cat.

#16: Re: Favorite Tank in GJS ? Author: zygov PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:49 pm
    —
Soon i will play this mod, hope they have many tanks there Exclamation

#17: Re: Favorite Tank in GJS ? Author: funky_ribar PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:19 pm
    —
Croc... grrrr Mad

#18: Re: Favorite Tank in GJS ? Author: KGPeiperLocation: Poland PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:50 pm
    —
zygov wrote (View Post):
Favorite Tank in GJS ?

Zdecydowanie "Tygrys", z Wittmann'em na pokladzie  Wink

Definitely Pz Kfw VI Tiger, with Wittmann onboard...

#19: Re: Favorite Tank in GJS ? Author: zygov PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:47 pm
    —
Sturmgesutze is very tough, especial vs sherman but soon my troops are against jagdpanzer IV Mad

#20: Re: Favorite Tank in GJS ? Author: Profetkaninen PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:33 pm
    —
I'd like to make a case for the german Marder III.. Artillery on wheels I'd say.

They are fine for ambushing allied tanks from far far away. Take a few shots and then regroup and let your opponent waste thier mortars and airstrikes on the position you fired from. When they dare to advance again repeat from your new position. A cannon would be flanked or destroyed by mortar fire, but the marder just vanishes Smile

Of course you can use other tanks in the germans arsenal in the same role but having a few marders frees up your other tanks for close and personal infantry support.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2