Immortal Stugs
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Immortal Stugs Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:34 pm
    —
while i played the stalingrad mod i had a bunch of T-34/41 and when a Stug IIIE came up i had four T-34s shoot at it and after 20-something rounds all four t-34s are damaged or downed. should this happen Confused

#2:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:32 am
    —
Stug's are pretty tough in the front, were any side or rear shots?
Sometimes with CC it's just the role of the dice, strange things can happen and make you curse and scream Confused Confused Sad

But you always play again Twisted Evil

#3:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:15 am
    —
I had a simaler situation on GJS- a Panzer G just behind a hedge row.. I had a firefly and 2 sherman 3's firing at it.. and it wouldnt die! The main gun went first cus it wasnt returning fire- but the shots kept glancing off.b Then I tried a trick, I put all 3 tanks on ambush and waited till they had all reloaded, I then ordered all 3 to fire at the same time.. 3glancing shot's.... But when I did it the second time, the three shots hit pretty much at the same time and BOOOM!

#4:  Author: chocoleibniz PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:31 pm
    —
I'm through the first week of the GC Stalingrad and I must say my Stugs are going great. I've lost a few v T-34s but the others are all performing heroics (well, slaughtering loads of Soviet infantry - perhaps not that heroic!).

My only surviving Iron Cross is from a Stug and I have two other BGs both with two stugs who have racked up plenty of kills.

#5:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:42 pm
    —
all four were frontal shots but it was on a hill and my T-34s were on ground level. (now i really don't depend on the T-34 i mostly use the KV-1 to bruise the german armor)

#6:  Author: VonVolks PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:48 pm
    —
STGs make my men cry.....

so many hits...so few kills.....

#7:  Author: Silencer PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:15 pm
    —
Stug's have good frontal armour. lowest is 80mm@near vertical. the rest is sloped, and giving additional protection.
when the stug is on a hill, the protection even increases. (unless you can hit the lower front)
a stug or hetzer hulll down & on a hill is a though opponent...

#8:  Author: VonVolks PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:07 pm
    —
a good day in the trenches.....

3 STGs down...... Razz

#9:  Author: braveheart PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:25 pm
    —
When I use StuG 3E or StuG 3F, It cannot defeat T34. Always destroyed by T34, it is very strange. Because in reality, StuG 3F should have almost the same armor and power with T34

#10:  Author: Pzt_RasalomLocation: Brisbane, Australia PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:46 am
    —
best way to kill those T34's with stug's is stay away from face to face confrontation.

distract T34 with infantry(is ok most of them cannonfodder anyway) move fast out of hiding spot(in trees, beside/behind building) shoot while it reloads HE then sneak backwards.

if done right it will be caught making a reload decision. after you reload repeat.

doesn't always work though. but when well placed and well executed....

#11:  Author: socratesLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:12 pm
    —
The stuGs low profile also make it more difficult to nail it good and proper.
My bother has been with the russian medium tanks. My tank leader (panzer IIIj) landing no less than twenty AP shells on a T34 (or was it 37 I can't remember the numbers) and only got nailed its self. On another occasion my medium paK completely unloaded at under 100m and still didn't take down its mark. AAAAAARGH

#12: Re: Immortal Stugs Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:09 pm
    —
The StugIIIe is good for killing infantry... and the StugIIIf can 'sometimes' take on the T34s and KVs. If my Stug e is spotted by enemy armor... it is done for.  Crying or Very sad

#13: Re: Immortal Stugs Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:40 am
    —
Stugs destoryed more tanks than any AFV in history...

#14: Re: Immortal Stugs Author: TweedLocation: vodka, bears, snow PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:20 pm
    —
When you play against AI:
- Avoid using your armor directly against enemy's armor. It is unnecessary risk, unless opponent''s armor's main gun damaged, or turretless armor - immobilized.
- AT guns are best against any armor. Have 1-2 in any BG of yours. Use them in ambush and defend modes to keep them unspotted by enemy. Ones you set the target for your gun manually, the gun is spotted and killed.
- russian AT rifles are extreamly effective against armor. By immobilizing/damaging main gun/killing wounding crew members you (when play russians) can severely decrease enemy's tank performance.

#15: Re: Immortal Stugs Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:38 am
    —
They do seem a over powered with the ease of taking them on as allies in the western front cc games. Doesn't make sense why the ones on stalingrad mod are stronger especially going up against KV-1 and T-34. I don't think the starting off with fragile crews for the russian side is correct anyways. I am a couple days in GC and have seen the most idiotic cowardly actions performed by them such as backing into enemy in a firefight and constantly showing sides and just outright stopping and not backing away from ambushing enemy troops in foxholes

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1