What will happen with old CC series mods and re-release CC s
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: What will happen with old CC series mods and re-release CC s Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:48 pm
    —
I would like know if the actual mod will run on CC2, 3, 4 and 5 new versions if they probably have exe file changes, what about the strategic map changes?

#2:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:34 pm
    —
I dont know but it is really an important question! If i talk for myself it really means that i am out of this!! Cant afford to buy new CD;s of CC2,3,4 and 5..... Sad

Mats Crying or Very sad

#3:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:39 pm
    —
The price will be the question. If it is an update of a 1998 game, it should not be at 2006 prices. There are still printing, distributing costs etc. I wonder if it wil be available for download? After all that's how we get mods which are the size of the whole game.

#4:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:17 pm
    —
pvt_Grunt wrote:
The price will be the question. If it is an update of a 1998 game, it should not be at 2006 prices. There are still printing, distributing costs etc. I wonder if it wil be available for download? After all that's how we get mods which are the size of the whole game.

I hope there is a patch. If the mods are no longer compatible which seems highly likely, a plugin patch would be best. Swapping back and forth to play the new version or old version would be the best compromise. Dual installs just make beginners confused.

Since there is only talk of a re-release and no mention of patch, it would seem unlikely right now that there wont be a patch. If Sulla holds true with his 1-1.5 weeks untill official word then we should find out in a couple of days.

About Grunts view on prices.... I tottally agree. I am sure Simtek knows this to but they dont control the pricing. Simtek will be making some sort of commission off it to. It will be a travesty to offer an updated version of this game for anything over 29.99 and not release a patch. Even 29.99 is steep for what they said they are patching. I for one have no had any DirectX problems atleast.

Quote:

I wonder if it wil be available for download? After all that's how we get mods which are the size of the whole game.

My theory is Matrix Games will be selling it on thier website.

#5:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:36 pm
    —
I think that the main changes on game will be on exe files and many mods have changes on it, by it probably new versions do not run with them.

If plugin manager runs with new versions.........with this mods......game will not run probably because mods will change the exe file.

People I see it as a big problem because by example CC5 strategic map editor will not run with new version and we will can not to do a new strategic map.

And about other questions, what will be the package addon with games?

#6:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:33 am
    —
Agree! It is great that they do something about these games but for the mod community it could be a disaster with non working tools...... Sad

But well shall not "paint the devil on the wall" until we know. Twisted Evil

Mats

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1