Problem creating map
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Problem creating map Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:14 pm
    —
Hi!!
I'm repaintig one map because i don't know create .rfm files.I repaint my map, open 3C editor,put the txt file and replace elements terrain for news elements and save .txt,I create BGM,OVM,MMM and LOS file.The .RFM file i copy by the original and rename but when i'm going to play come one error....

Help please and sorry for my english
Thanks

#2:  Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:23 pm
    —
it's possible that the .txt file is bad because it has terrain elements that CC3 doesn't rocognice??????
Thanks

#3:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:45 pm
    —
What ini file have you used on 3C? there are one ini file to CC3, one to CC4, one to CC5.......
And remember the size of the maps, you can not change it and the format of the files, always 16bit to tga.

I do not understand your rfm problems, with groof2 is very very easy. Only must create one interior tga, next the bgm on tga format and select the roofs, next you save and edit txt to do floor, wall, doors, windows etc....

With 5CC can be a bit different but when you understand it, you have not problems, probably it is easiest.

#4:  Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:20 am
    —
What can i select in 3c the ini file for CC3???i had repainted other maps but never i have any problem firefox!
i think that i know create .RFM but i can't know because always see the message error.
if you want i send the map for you see!!
Thanks

#5:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:05 pm
    —
You can try send the map to suarezdog [at] hotmail [dot] com

#6:  Author: mismatch PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:20 pm
    —
Hmmm, I seem to get the same error, I made a cc3 map and I do think that i use the cc3 .ini since the c3 ini file contains the line:
elemFile=cc3elem.ini

Which ought to be the cc3 elements ini.
Also I am curious about trees.....
C3 allows one to export trees overlay, what am I to do with it?
Southern_Land's Map Making Guide didnt mention the trees overlay.

cheers

#7:  Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:27 am
    —
The export tree overlay option will produce a tga file with a white background (same size as your map) and the tree images as you have coded them. You can use a transparency filter (such as eliminate white) in photoshop to remove the background, and use your tree layer to see how it looks on your map image. Sometimes a clump of trees will look kind of strange, so you can adjust your coding again. The export shadow overlay works the same way and allows you to adjust the opacity for that layer in photoshop (or other editor) as well (usually 45 to 55 depending on the background color). If I remember correctly 3C came with the tree sprites for CCIII but there is only one shadow called "default". These are the tree shadows created by GS Marcks.......put them in your 3C trees/shadows folder
If you are really interested in the evolution of CC trees I have more goodies.... Rolling Eyes Cheers!

CCIII Stock Tree Shadows.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CCIII Stock Tree Shadows.zip
 Filesize:  19.1 KB
 Downloaded:  285 Time(s)

#8:  Author: mismatch PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:40 am
    —
ok, thanks.
I got the map to work by removing some obscure terrain which cc3 obviouslt couldnt handle...
Cant quite recall what the tarrain was though.
Is there a list of 'forbidden' terrains in cc3 somewhere?

I've got another question though.
When creating a cutom scenario from the map, is there any way to limit what can be bought for the requisition points?
I thought that setting the date would do this, but obviously it didnt....

And, about deployment zones, is there any way to remove the default zones that are automatically set up for the teams on each side of the map?

#9:  Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:02 am
    —
mismatch..........look in the downloads section for modding tools called CC3pointreqedit.zip and CC3FreeDeploy.zip

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1