Experience levels in CC5
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Experience levels in CC5 Author: MikaellLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:02 am
    —
Does anyone know all the experience levels (seen battle, experienced, etc) in CC5?

#2:  Author: GS_v_RichthofenLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:32 pm
    —
Experience level:

1.Basic Training
2.Combat Training
3.Seen Battle
4.Experienced
5.Veterans

Morale:

1.Low Morale
2.Fair Morale
3.Good Morale
4.High Morale
5.Excellent Morale

#3:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:11 pm
    —
Isnt there an Elite level?

#4: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:00 pm
    —
think it is the lowest level missing,also watch out for different mods renaming the levels.

#5:  Author: Heeresarmee PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:50 am
    —
I`m guessing Green Replacements is missing...But it`s been awhile that i have been playing vanilla CC5. Thus i could be wrong.

#6:  Author: MikaellLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:01 pm
    —
Another question. Do teams actually have to engage the enemy in a battle or do they merely have to be present in a battle to gain experience? I think it is the later but not sure.

#7:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:28 pm
    —
no they don't have to engage in fighting to gain experience but they don't gain as much as the ones that fight

#8:  Author: Heeresarmee PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:08 pm
    —
Yes, mortarteams are a good example of this. They gain experience every battle but will lose morale if they dont score hits on enemies. I use mortarteams exclusively to destroy/supress halftracks. Since the damage they do on infantry is almost irrelevant. I found mortar teams in CC to be too vulnerable to fight with a direct LOS but to valuable to use them as second line grunts when their ammo runs out. Hmmm maybe i should start a " Mortar Teams" thread. Confused Anyway, King_Tiger_Tank is right.

#9: gaining experience Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:52 am
    —
yes just simply firing ,even rear action, indirect or direct increases the teams experience.
a little trick while playing grand campaigns ive been doing since cc1,new tanks or good infantry u want to train ,keep them to the rear the first few games, get them to fire ammo at the rear,pop smoke,indirect fire, run, hide, just keep busy when there is no activity goin on.
this way your shiny new sherman comes out a veteran, not some green likely to miss and bail out. saves your armour, saves deserters(especially needed with ost,russian and green american units)

#10:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:39 pm
    —
yeah i usually do that with my favorite tanks that have poor experience and morale but they develop in about 2-3 battles

#11:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:36 pm
    —
Heeresarmee wrote:
Yes, mortarteams are a good example of this. They gain experience every battle but will lose morale if they dont score hits on enemies..

sure about this? i think they might gain if they score kills but in an overall succesful battle they might keep their morale or GAIN even if they dont kill a single one.
all teams loose morale when they lose ground on a map. or fight without winning, eg, continously fighting on a map where you get nowhere and eg opponent has "decisive" or "major" vic will make morale go down. same for units fighting out of supply. i remember a gc with AJ where Rifle reserves went green after some days being outta supply in Merville, but when i checked their overall qualities the morale was rock bottom!

Heeresarmee wrote:
I use mortarteams exclusively to destroy/supress halftracks. Since the damage they do on infantry is almost irrelevant

pardon my sincerity, but thats bullshit and a truly a waste of mortar quality. you should use your mortars to stop enemy from running and you should supress his infantry with rounds in hand to hand combat. guns are also a good victim of morts as your tank moves up to take it out. to use it exclusively on HTs is just wasting their quality. halftracks are very hard to KO with mort shells, and you should have plenty of units better doing that job instead of wasting precious mortar shells on em.

-RS

#12:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:33 am
    —
True Red. And smart way of gaining experience Tack pointed out.

Best thing you can do for a teams experience and morale is gain a VL with them.
Morale and experience increase overall if you hold point advantage on the map which they're fighting on. If you own fewer points on a map than your opponent following a battle then your units morale suffers.
Your units can fight like mad men and gain good experience in battle, but if they're losing the map result then their morale suffers. With the acception of that team that gained a VL. All others suffer morale on a losing map.

I'll keep units in place for the next round when they're winning a map. Often will replace them in the next round if the map result is not in their favor.

Also. It's been debated. But when selecting units the team leaders rank is more important than anything imo. More important than morale or experience when selecting units. That way they can effectively operate independently without having to have a command team close by.

Hit your space bar in deploy. The higher the rank the better their command radius (green circle). Lower ranks have yellow, red, and black command radius. Select officers for team leaders whenever possible.

Wruff

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1