any infomation on CC6?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: any infomation on CC6? Author: Guest PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:02 am
    —
is there realy going to be a number six?

#2: in a word Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:12 pm
    —
yes.

sooner then later by what i understand...

but we all await the cso simtek official release, so untill then....git on ya knees and pray boy!

#3:  Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:44 am
    —
Hey guys;

Is "Close Comabt VI" the same "Close Combat:Red Phoenix" ?

-Kambiz

#4: from my understanding Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:03 am
    —
red phoenix will slot next to first to fight.
some may say cc6, im to confused....

rtb was not cc6
ccm3.1 was not cc6
first to fight was not cc6

oh pondering...

#5: complete lack of : Author: I_AM_LONO PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:25 pm
    —
on a side note what area of operations, or conflict, will cc6 be based on Confused

#6:  Author: ohtastyone PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:17 pm
    —
they had a poll on CSO's website on what people would like CC6 to be based on that ended june 6th. i think pre WWII won. i personally would have liked to see it based on the pacific war.

#7:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:59 pm
    —
I voted in that poll. How Pre WWII is beyond me. It looked FUBAR. I'm not sure exactly what the attraction is to the WWI theater for an entire game. A sub mod I can see, but WWI for CC6? Let's see, your choices will be big rifle teams, little rifle teams, Maxims, and two types of tanks... sweet. Wink Now go play on huge, destroyed fields.

#8:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:00 pm
    —
I think that probably CC6 will be the first next close combat game, if CCRP is the next, it will be the six. About the other, good we do not know the name of the operation and we only know the team to create it, it is Simtek, by it we should tell it CCSimtek and next we should difference that CCRP is a 3D wargame and CCSimtek is a CC as always on 2D.

#9:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:02 pm
    —
Hmmm. Be careful what you wish for Wruff. I just posted this morning in favor of a WWI mod.
CC6 WWI? That would suk. Bad. I don't believe it.

#10:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:00 am
    —
My guess is it will be an area already covered in a previous version. They did not seem to open about areas not already covered in the CSO forums.

#11:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:05 am
    —
Quote:
My guess is it will be an area already covered in a previous version. They did not seem to open about areas not already covered in the CSO forums.

I have often wondered about that too,it kinda makes sense cause all they would have to do is repaint the OMG maps to bring them up to par and this would give you a Normandy to Berlin campaign for CC6 (Just geussing though,I have no idea)

Then that would only leave them with maps needed to cover in/around the Rhine.If the game is historically correct they wouldnt need maps of Berlin.

Time will tell,but I doubt they have the means to produce all new maps for CC6............but hey.........what do I know?
it's all a geuss untill they tell us something.

My biggest fear is the game is being produced by people who are huge fans of CCIII and they will leave out the strategic map.

#12:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:41 am
    —
Quote:
My guess is it will be an area already covered in a previous version.

Yes I think the same.

#13:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:03 pm
    —
why can't they be creative and go for something they haven't covered before like Italiy or notrh africa. there also need a better AI engine

#14:  Author: sample PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:59 am
    —
king_tiger_tank wrote:
why can't they be creative and go for something they haven't covered before like Italiy or notrh africa. there also need a better AI engine

Perhaps they will use the engine of CC Raf Regiment (a non comercial version for British RAF Regiment) with CC3 style maps and campaign covering a ww 2 TOE

regards,
M.

#15:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:47 pm
    —
Let's just hope as if they did a CC6 than they will use the CCv engine with the mount and dismount units option and a cooperatif system as they used in CCM ... about the theatre of operation, fairly, i dont care cos i know if CC6 bring with ^^^those option ^^^our best CC fan moder will do all theatre operation ... All i hope is than it will be not used like they did for CCMarines, "do it quickly and very bugged" ....

Anyways, i have a dream ........
Very Happy

#16:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:09 pm
    —
I hope they make the strat map real time

#17:  Author: ohtastyone PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:14 pm
    —
that would be cool. i wouldn't mind the strat map being in 3D either. but nothing else. i doubt they plan on making any real BIG changes though...

#18:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:10 pm
    —
do you think its possible to do an earlier era squad based senario. maybe like ancient rome or greece? how many guys can you get on the field max? ancient cities would be cool.

#19:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:06 pm
    —
I want biger scenarios in cc6, I hate those one-room houses, are so fake Sad

#20:  Author: poliLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:05 am
    —
Id like a game that works on my Ultimum 6 1200000000 gigahertz game/video/phone/work/pleasure station. Will it be possible that the game comes out BEFORE i have to upgrade my system to the latest windows (Windows PWNED op sys) as I understand thier will be compatability issues..

Have a GREAT 2036!!

Rolling Eyes

#21:  Author: wolfengang PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:47 pm
    —
i hope they dont make it 3d... 3d games are a waste. they should just make bigger maps with more stuff in them! like, ammo dumps and bases, so that you can rearm your men and take them to medical tents and such.

that would be cool if the maps were at least 4x bigger, and can hold 4x more men, that would be a battle!

#22: CC Fan Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:44 pm
    —
I hope its WWII based and I think they should move to the Pacific Theatre or Italian campaign. African maps are too bare and somewhat boring (sorry to the African mod'rs - it can't be helped).

#23: CC6 Author: ErcanLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:11 pm
    —
IS thera any web-site exsisting for CC6 ?

#24:  Author: Peiper88 PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:30 am
    —
cc6 is a myth

#25:  Author: abr71310 PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:49 am
    —
Your existence is a myth, bitch.

If CC6 does get released, I hope its on the Japan theater, that'd be really cool, I wanna see how they code the morale for the Japanese *they don't freakin die!!111!1!!1 lol*

#26:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:34 pm
    —
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/closecombat3therf/news.html?sid=6160284

some info on cso simtek release....av a butchers Smile

#27:  Author: kukov PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:44 pm
    —
Anonymous wrote:
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/closecombat3therf/news.html?sid=6160284

some info on cso simtek release....av a butchers Smile

woops forgot to sign in that was me btw

'We are considering updating the original games and selling them as one or two bundle packs. The first game out the door will be called Close Combat: Cross of Iron'.

#28:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:15 pm
    —
Testing for Cross of Iron is almost complete.

Testing for CC6 will begin early 2007... I should know, I'm a tester Wink

#29:  Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:37 am
    —
does anyone know what CC 6 is going to be about? any info is apprietiated. Smile

#30:  Author: kukov PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:15 pm
    —
i hope the AI will be alot better lol esp tanks

#31:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:35 pm
    —
wolfengang wrote:
i hope they dont make it 3d... 3d games are a waste. they should just make bigger maps with more stuff in them! like, ammo dumps and bases, so that you can rearm your men and take them to medical tents and such.

that would be cool if the maps were at least 4x bigger, and can hold 4x more men, that would be a battle!

Definitely Yeah, wooo weeee... Exclamation

#32:  Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:39 am
    —
ohtastyone wrote:
they had a poll on CSO's website on what people would like CC6 to be based on that ended june 6th. i think pre WWII won. i personally would have liked to see it based on the pacific war.

Pree WW2 DID NOT WIN!!!!!!!!!

Some one spamed the forums.
Pre ww2 went from loseing to being the most voted for over night.

The real winner was italy.

#33:  Author: ghostwalker PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:50 pm
    —
mochoho wrote:
wolfengang wrote:

Definitely Yeah, wooo weeee... Exclamation

Sorry but i dont like this idea with refills and medkits. the thing i liked most with CC games is that there was no in game ammo refills or medkits you had your units and when they were out of ammo they were out of ammo and if you wanted to use them it was in real "Close combat" (fistr fighting).

adding ammo/fuel refills and medtents would ruin the game because then it would be like any other ww2 rts/rtt game.

#34:  Author: carny PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:40 pm
    —
pre ww2....

who wants to see pre ww2 italian tanks fall apart from their own fire anyways Rolling Eyes

#35:  Author: LitFuel716 PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:04 pm
    —
carny wrote:
pre ww2....

who wants to see pre ww2 italian tanks fall apart from their own fire anyways Rolling Eyes

Who wants to see wave after wave of men getting out of trenches only to be mowed down two seconds later. WW1 just doesn't have the variety the WW2 does. I say bring on the Pacific or Italy/Greece

#36:  Author: Imnotme PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:11 am
    —
My 2 cents
CC6 should be WW II Europe based multi-operational war spanning, starts with the invasion of Poland ends with the fight for Berlin. I envision a Close combat meets Panzer General game. You make major movements on the strategic map and fight on the local ones. After Poland come Norway then France and Russia and so on, or you could play as Russia or England or whom ever you like.

#37:  Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:17 pm
    —
Imnotme wrote:
My 2 cents
CC6 should be WW II Europe based multi-operational war spanning, starts with the invasion of Poland ends with the fight for Berlin. I envision a Close combat meets Panzer General game. You make major movements on the strategic map and fight on the local ones. After Poland come Norway then France and Russia and so on, or you could play as Russia or England or whom ever you like.
Very good idea Imnotme and looks viable Smile worthy to be considered But I'm afraid that they are in testing stage Exclamation

#38:  Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:07 pm
    —
have they decided on the next version? if so when can we expect some screens.

I just hope its 2.5 d

#39:  Author: procwarr PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:36 pm
    —
big fan of the CC games! started playing em about 10 years ago and i still have em all!

anyway a pacific campaign would'nt work as how the hell are they gonna do ship on ship combat and air battles cos lets be serious that was the main form of combat out there other than a few island battles and that does'nt make a full game. Personally i would like to see africa or italy as both would introduce the italians in the conflict or even a full WWII campaign starting from the invasion of poland to the Russians fighting in Berlin. Well thats my opinion, oh and please god make em bring back the English in these CC games as im sick of always playin the yanks!! Razz

#40:  Author: RyzLocation: Boston, MA PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:35 am
    —
Keypoints for CC6.
1 friendly online play(built in server)
2 Medics or medevac.
3 FORMATIONS. ability to breakup and built up formations up to a Company. 4 Select wedge, modified wedge, file, etc. Stacked squads for room clearing.
5 ability to give squad leader initiative. in the army they teach - do not micromanage.
6 Ability to man enemy vehicles, leave vehicles.
7 VOICE FX. soldiers yelling distance direction description. not repeated we're hit all the time.
8 helicopters - call in helicopter support to land troops.
civilians.
9 true engineers(build stuff, dig ditches, lay and detect mines

Marketing.
Another ww2 game? limited market. It will get lost among dozens of other games competing for the same slot. The gem in our crown is mods. No one theater for cc6 but multiple mods coming with the game. Time travel campaigns.

Contests for best mod to promote the game.

#41:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:36 pm
    —
My guesses to the answers are...

1. Absolutley no
2. no
3. partially
4. no
5. no
6. no
7. maybe
8. no
9. partially

Quote:
No one theater for cc6 but multiple mods coming with the game

Most likely in one way or the other.

#42:  Author: RyzLocation: Boston, MA PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:11 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:
My guesses to the answers are...

1. Absolutley no
2. no
3. partially
4. no
5. no
6. no
7. maybe
8. no
9. partially

Quote:
No one theater for cc6 but multiple mods coming with the game

Most likely in one way or the other.

If we dont have those things the game will suck. We already have everything else. For one you have a lot of weight yourself on the issues. You are about 50% of CC online support community.

You got to fight for those features, like the champion in this photograph, winning the fight! hint hint.

#43:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:05 am
    —
Close Combat 6 is going to be (as far as I know) something of the USMC World Time Travel Tour. The Game will be broken up into several parts each focusing on a different battle from a different war, thus some pre WWI stuff, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, maybe even Desert Storm, and the present fighting in Iraq/Afganistan.

You can check Wikipedia for some info also.

#44:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:37 am
    —
From Wikipedia:
# Close Combat (VI): Leather Necks - Leather Necks is the anticipated name for CC6. This version is believed to be using CCM as its base and to cover battles from various wars that the USMC has participated in. No release date has been specified, it is being developed by Simtek Ltd and will be published by Matrix Games.

But there's no mention of CCMT.

#45:  Author: RyzLocation: Boston, MA PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:08 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
From Wikipedia:
# Close Combat (VI): Leather Necks - Leather Necks is the anticipated name for CC6. This version is believed to be using CCM as its base and to cover battles from various wars that the USMC has participated in. No release date has been specified, it is being developed by Simtek Ltd and will be published by Matrix Games.

But there's no mention of CCMT.

cant wait for the MODs.

#46:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:59 pm
    —
Its Wikipedia... Just add info yourself about CCMT.

#47:  Author: Astonvallio PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:48 pm
    —
Any news?

#48:  Author: squadman45 PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:51 pm
    —
if these is true

"Close Combat (VI): Leather Necks - Leather Necks is the anticipated name for CC6. This version is believed to be using CCM as its base and to cover battles from various wars that the USMC has participated in"

I dont buy it, i dont want another piece of bullshit like CCM and CCMT Evil or Very Mad

PD: use another name to these "game" Twisted Evil

#49:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:23 pm
    —
If they use CCM again, it would be a newer version than used for CCMT, as a base for another CC release I do not think it would do it without some sort of campaign....

Last edited by Tejszd on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

#50:  Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:24 pm
    —
the strategical map is a must for me...

#51:  Author: jagd_jar1 PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:32 am
    —
Kojusoki wrote:
the strategical map is a must for me...

I Absolutely agree. I never play single battles vs AI.

That is the best and most Panzer General type aspect. You're High command making the big orders - then youre the soldiers that follow them
I could never get into CCM even though I tried hard.

They should just make it a nice comprise and make Grand Campaign Korea. Lots of brutal terrain, close combat arty and air support. Limited tank impact due to elevations.
No m16's203
I think it'd be awesome

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1