any infomation on CC6?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#21:  Author: wolfengang PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:47 pm
    —
i hope they dont make it 3d... 3d games are a waste. they should just make bigger maps with more stuff in them! like, ammo dumps and bases, so that you can rearm your men and take them to medical tents and such.

that would be cool if the maps were at least 4x bigger, and can hold 4x more men, that would be a battle!

#22: CC Fan Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:44 pm
    —
I hope its WWII based and I think they should move to the Pacific Theatre or Italian campaign. African maps are too bare and somewhat boring (sorry to the African mod'rs - it can't be helped).

#23: CC6 Author: ErcanLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:11 pm
    —
IS thera any web-site exsisting for CC6 ?

#24:  Author: Peiper88 PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:30 am
    —
cc6 is a myth

#25:  Author: abr71310 PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:49 am
    —
Your existence is a myth, bitch.

If CC6 does get released, I hope its on the Japan theater, that'd be really cool, I wanna see how they code the morale for the Japanese *they don't freakin die!!111!1!!1 lol*

#26:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:34 pm
    —
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/closecombat3therf/news.html?sid=6160284

some info on cso simtek release....av a butchers Smile

#27:  Author: kukov PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:44 pm
    —
Anonymous wrote:
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/closecombat3therf/news.html?sid=6160284

some info on cso simtek release....av a butchers Smile

woops forgot to sign in that was me btw

'We are considering updating the original games and selling them as one or two bundle packs. The first game out the door will be called Close Combat: Cross of Iron'.

#28:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:15 pm
    —
Testing for Cross of Iron is almost complete.

Testing for CC6 will begin early 2007... I should know, I'm a tester Wink

#29:  Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:37 am
    —
does anyone know what CC 6 is going to be about? any info is apprietiated. Smile

#30:  Author: kukov PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:15 pm
    —
i hope the AI will be alot better lol esp tanks

#31:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:35 pm
    —
wolfengang wrote:
i hope they dont make it 3d... 3d games are a waste. they should just make bigger maps with more stuff in them! like, ammo dumps and bases, so that you can rearm your men and take them to medical tents and such.

that would be cool if the maps were at least 4x bigger, and can hold 4x more men, that would be a battle!

Definitely Yeah, wooo weeee... Exclamation

#32:  Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:39 am
    —
ohtastyone wrote:
they had a poll on CSO's website on what people would like CC6 to be based on that ended june 6th. i think pre WWII won. i personally would have liked to see it based on the pacific war.

Pree WW2 DID NOT WIN!!!!!!!!!

Some one spamed the forums.
Pre ww2 went from loseing to being the most voted for over night.

The real winner was italy.

#33:  Author: ghostwalker PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:50 pm
    —
mochoho wrote:
wolfengang wrote:

Definitely Yeah, wooo weeee... Exclamation

Sorry but i dont like this idea with refills and medkits. the thing i liked most with CC games is that there was no in game ammo refills or medkits you had your units and when they were out of ammo they were out of ammo and if you wanted to use them it was in real "Close combat" (fistr fighting).

adding ammo/fuel refills and medtents would ruin the game because then it would be like any other ww2 rts/rtt game.

#34:  Author: carny PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:40 pm
    —
pre ww2....

who wants to see pre ww2 italian tanks fall apart from their own fire anyways Rolling Eyes

#35:  Author: LitFuel716 PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:04 pm
    —
carny wrote:
pre ww2....

who wants to see pre ww2 italian tanks fall apart from their own fire anyways Rolling Eyes

Who wants to see wave after wave of men getting out of trenches only to be mowed down two seconds later. WW1 just doesn't have the variety the WW2 does. I say bring on the Pacific or Italy/Greece

#36:  Author: Imnotme PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:11 am
    —
My 2 cents
CC6 should be WW II Europe based multi-operational war spanning, starts with the invasion of Poland ends with the fight for Berlin. I envision a Close combat meets Panzer General game. You make major movements on the strategic map and fight on the local ones. After Poland come Norway then France and Russia and so on, or you could play as Russia or England or whom ever you like.

#37:  Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:17 pm
    —
Imnotme wrote:
My 2 cents
CC6 should be WW II Europe based multi-operational war spanning, starts with the invasion of Poland ends with the fight for Berlin. I envision a Close combat meets Panzer General game. You make major movements on the strategic map and fight on the local ones. After Poland come Norway then France and Russia and so on, or you could play as Russia or England or whom ever you like.
Very good idea Imnotme and looks viable Smile worthy to be considered But I'm afraid that they are in testing stage Exclamation

#38:  Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:07 pm
    —
have they decided on the next version? if so when can we expect some screens.

I just hope its 2.5 d

#39:  Author: procwarr PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:36 pm
    —
big fan of the CC games! started playing em about 10 years ago and i still have em all!

anyway a pacific campaign would'nt work as how the hell are they gonna do ship on ship combat and air battles cos lets be serious that was the main form of combat out there other than a few island battles and that does'nt make a full game. Personally i would like to see africa or italy as both would introduce the italians in the conflict or even a full WWII campaign starting from the invasion of poland to the Russians fighting in Berlin. Well thats my opinion, oh and please god make em bring back the English in these CC games as im sick of always playin the yanks!! Razz

#40:  Author: RyzLocation: Boston, MA PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:35 am
    —
Keypoints for CC6.
1 friendly online play(built in server)
2 Medics or medevac.
3 FORMATIONS. ability to breakup and built up formations up to a Company. 4 Select wedge, modified wedge, file, etc. Stacked squads for room clearing.
5 ability to give squad leader initiative. in the army they teach - do not micromanage.
6 Ability to man enemy vehicles, leave vehicles.
7 VOICE FX. soldiers yelling distance direction description. not repeated we're hit all the time.
8 helicopters - call in helicopter support to land troops.
civilians.
9 true engineers(build stuff, dig ditches, lay and detect mines

Marketing.
Another ww2 game? limited market. It will get lost among dozens of other games competing for the same slot. The gem in our crown is mods. No one theater for cc6 but multiple mods coming with the game. Time travel campaigns.

Contests for best mod to promote the game.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 3